Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Cereal Restaurant to Open

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:35 pm

neal.johnson wrote:Open three weeks and already up for sale.

That's getting right up there toward the Greek chef's record!
no avatar
User

GriffinPaulin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Nov 17, 2014 5:34 pm

by GriffinPaulin » Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:53 pm

Is it really already for sale? I need information.
Griffin Paulin

I cook food.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:01 pm

GriffinPaulin wrote:Is it really already for sale? I need information.

See Teh Face Book ...

The Cereal Box wrote:MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT!!!! As the owner of The Cereal Box, I have kept my true intentions of this wonderful business under wraps throughout the entire process. Because of another venture I have in the fitness world, my original goal was to raffle off the business at a low cost and give someone an opportunity to own a business who otherwise might not have a chance to. Unfortunately, the gaming laws in Kentucky do not allow me to do that.
So now I am going make it available for purchase to someone who wants to grow the concept. I don't have to sell, So I will be thorough in the selection process. I own the building so I would offer an attractive lease, as well as stay on in a certain capacity to make sure everything transitions smooth. I eventually will come back on as a franchise owner.
I am extremely proud of this business and the reaction to it has been enormous. Google has named it the most googled, local spot in the city. The crowds and responses to the creations in store have been nothing short of extraordinary and I can't thank everyone enough.
Anyone interested in owning The Cereal Box, please message. Thanks again!
no avatar
User

Eric Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jan 16, 2012 2:23 pm

by Eric Hall » Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:30 pm

I hope he can sell it. But a three week old funky restaurant concept has almost zero value. Maybe I'm reading between the lines but old phrase "we are doing well and I do not have to sell" usually means "$&ck, I need to sell today. What can you pay me for it?"
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Fri Aug 04, 2017 12:42 am

Wheaties the breakfast of champions. Or not
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Fri Aug 04, 2017 6:54 am

Yeah, kind of rings loudly of the Trump marketing concept. Bigly.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Fri Aug 04, 2017 7:54 am

How magnanimous to be given the opportunity to own an unproven concept. I'll take two, please.
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:05 am

Apparently the sale is off now.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sat Aug 05, 2017 8:24 am

TP Lowe wrote:Apparently the sale is off now.

For today, anyway. :twisted:

UPDATE!!! So the major announcement has created an enormous amount of buzz that I was not expecting. The announcement was meant to be an alternative option to the raffle I wanted to do. The main reason I decided to go this route was to ultimately grow the business faster by bringing in and giving someone else an opportunity to own a business instead of waiting a year or more then allowing someone to come on as a franchisee. By doing it this way, it would allow me to open another location or two using the funds created off a raffle or sale. I strive to help as many people as I can. It's my main goal in life. I know it's unconventional but I've never been known as a conventional guy. As a result, it has created a lot of confusion and some negative attention. That was not my intention. As a result, I have decided this avenue is not the best route to go and I will continue to own and operate The Cereal Box. I will accept any offers and proposals for potential franchisees or investors as I have received much interest from people. I apologize for the quick change but I do want anyone to think The Cereal Box was going anywhere. It's here to stay and grow in Louisville. Thank you for all of your support!
Previous