Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Lee Hasenour

User

Mary Anne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:31 am

Louisville: Highlands

Lee Hasenour

by Mary Anne » Sat Jun 17, 2017 5:05 pm

I just saw in the St Agnes weekly bulletin that Lee Hasenour has passed. I think Hasenour's restaurant was the first "fancy" restaurant I ever went to. :( http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/louisville/obituary.aspx?page=lifestory&pid=185836057
no avatar
User

Mike D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

Re: Lee Hasenour

by Mike D » Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:15 am

I never ate dinner at Hasenour's but we loved their bar and stopped by for a cocktail every now and then.

Lee was a member of my Wednesday golf group. I met him through a mutual friend. Never a dull day with him on the golf course - he had a million stories to tell. And he was a talented golfer.

Southern Sports is mentioned in today's C-J obituary. Lee was hitting balls at Southern Sports on Monday, as he did many Mondays and Tuesdays. A friend tells me that Lee sat down on a bench in the shade to take a break and passed away suddenly. Not a bad way to go.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Jun 18, 2017 12:00 pm

I don't know that I ever met Lee in person, but I sure remember dining at Hasenour's in its last years. When I was the Louisville Times' review guy in the '80s, it was still one of the city's favorite fine-dining places. And then they opened The Atrium in the same complex, adding even fancier dining to the mix. Good stuff.
User

TimT

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 10, 2011 4:43 pm

West of the Mississippi

by TimT » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:10 am

Hasenour's Atrium was a favorite place to entertain business guests. You could always count on making a good impression there.
"I dined at my favorite restaurant last night. It was like Heaven, only better. They let me in".
User

Gary Z

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:05 am

by Gary Z » Mon Jun 19, 2017 11:30 pm

Went to Hasenour's for my prom dinner. I really don't remember much about it. Except that it was dark and I felt dwarfed in whatever chair I was seated.