Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Dave & Busters coming to Louisville

by Mark R. » Wed Jun 07, 2017 1:55 pm

It was just announced that they are coming to Mall St. Matthews taking over the space that is now the 2nd floor of Forever 21.

Here's the story from business 1st: http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/n ... j=78331551
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Dave & Busters coming to Louisville

by Robin Garr » Wed Jun 07, 2017 2:54 pm

Is this something that Louisville has been eagerly waiting for? :mrgreen:
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

by Steve H » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:23 pm

It's interesting as far as providing more evidence that mall operators are trying to adapt to the encroachment of online retailing by evolving to more of an experience / entertainment destination.

I'm not sure that Dave and Busters can save malls, but I guess they have to try something.
no avatar
User

neal.johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Beechmont

by neal.johnson » Wed Jun 07, 2017 3:46 pm

"innovative food and beverage"
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Wed Jun 07, 2017 5:04 pm

For some reason I thought there already was one in town. I guess not.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:15 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Is this something that Louisville has been eagerly waiting for? :mrgreen:

Certainly not for us nor anyone we know. I have heard some rumblings from people that they would like to see one especially since the knockoff Dave & Busters (I forget the name) that was out on Westport Road.

To me it just sounds like another place that will attract the wrong kind of clientele to the malls and quite possibly could lead to more of what we saw last year.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:21 pm

Mark R. wrote:To me it just sounds like another place that will attract the wrong kind of clientele to the malls and quite possibly could lead to more of what we saw last year.

:shock:
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Wed Jun 07, 2017 6:36 pm

What's the "wrong kind of clientele?" I've been to D&B many times. I like video games, I like shuffleboard, and the other entertainments they offer. The food is typical frozen and microwaved fare, but it's edible. In my experience the "kind of people" who go to D&B are people in their 20's and 30's with enough disposable income to pay $5 for a video game and $15 for chicken tenders. I'd say that's pretty much exactly the kind of people that the mall needs to draw back in.

:x
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:04 pm

RonnieD wrote:What's the "wrong kind of clientele?"

He's talking about the black kids that the St. Matthews doorknob-rattlers chased out of the mall en mass last Christmas season for being black and noisy.
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Wed Jun 07, 2017 9:11 pm

Is this the place that accosts any male wearing a necktie, cuts it off, and hangs it in the place as kind of a trophy??
no avatar
User

scott.wade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:35 pm

by scott.wade » Thu Jun 08, 2017 3:09 am

Mark R. wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:Is this something that Louisville has been eagerly waiting for? :mrgreen:

Certainly not for us nor anyone we know. I have heard some rumblings from people that they would like to see one especially since the knockoff Dave & Busters (I forget the name) that was out on Westport Road.

To me it just sounds like another place that will attract the wrong kind of clientele to the malls and quite possibly could lead to more of what we saw last year.

Mark - Just got off the phone with my friend who is black. He said plans are already in place for all his black friends from the west end to hang out there. Also, they are getting busses to bring in more black teenagers from Indianapolis and Atlanta to hang out at Dave and Busters.

Apparently, the Ancho Caeser Lettuce wraps, Crisp Apple Pecan Salad, Mango Citrus Shrimp Skewers and Bang Bang Chicken with Spicy Thai Peanut Noodles are extremely popular with black teens.

He said you should avoid going at all costs because they will steal your "Jordan" shoes and sing offensive rap lyrics in front of you.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:21 am

Mark R. wrote: the knockoff Dave & Busters (I forget the name) that was out on Westport Road.

I believe the name was "Dave's" . . . (Incredible Dave's to be precise)
Andrew Mellman
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:23 am

Andrew Mellman wrote:I believe the name was "Dave's" . . . (Incredible Dave's to be precise)

That's the incredible place! Lasted less than a year, I think.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Thu Jun 08, 2017 8:24 am

RonnieD wrote: In my experience the "kind of people" who go to D&B are people in their 20's and 30's with enough disposable income to pay $5 for a video game and $15 for chicken tenders. I'd say that's pretty much exactly the kind of people that the mall needs to draw back in.

+1

(in fact, several of the newer D&B's are inside of or adjacent to "A" malls, as each serves as a draw for the other!)
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Thu Jun 08, 2017 2:30 pm

Andrew Mellman wrote:
RonnieD wrote: In my experience the "kind of people" who go to D&B are people in their 20's and 30's with enough disposable income to pay $5 for a video game and $15 for chicken tenders. I'd say that's pretty much exactly the kind of people that the mall needs to draw back in.

+1

(in fact, several of the newer D&B's are inside of or adjacent to "A" malls, as each serves as a draw for the other!)

For those who have never been to Incredible Dave's or Headliners, they are (or "were" in Dave's case) venues that cater primarily to parents who have young kids looking to have a beer or something to eat while the kids stay entertained. A Chuck E Cheese upgrade, if you will. Nobody expects more than an Applebees/O'Charlies type of food experience along with a decent beer or other booze choice---that's it, don't make it into more than that. Dave & Busters is different, but I think the description above depicts it pretty well.

Much like Las Vegas had to reinvent itself beyong gambling, malls need to expand beyong shopping. I think D & B is a great fit for St Matthews mall.
James J. Natsis
Next