Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

The history of Indi's

User

michael.powell

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:23 pm

The history of Indi's

by michael.powell » Mon May 15, 2017 2:44 pm

Hey everyone. I'm toying with the idea of writing a local interest story on the history of Indi's. It's extremely popular, has multiple locations (including Lexington), yet there's little to no information about it. Anyone know anything about the folks who own it and/or run it? Local legends or anecdotes? Still sussing out if this is an interesting story, so would love to hear feedback.
“Shut the front door, son of Tatum O’Neal, that’s dynamite.” - Guy Fieri
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: The history of Indi's

by Robin Garr » Mon May 15, 2017 5:10 pm

Michael, I know very little, and it's never been the kind of business that sought publicity. I have the impression that (like the old King's on West Broadway at 21st) it may have been run by a Sikh-immigrant family named Singh. It could be an interesting piece, but I don't think there's much information out there.
no avatar
User

Tony G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:37 am

Louisville Ky 40214

Re: The history of Indi's

by Tony G » Mon May 15, 2017 5:13 pm

My wife has known the owner and son for years. They went to school together. (the son). It's a favorite of ours.