Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

GeeChee Bayou?

User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

GeeChee Bayou?

by RonnieD » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:05 pm

A friend tipped me off to a new Cajun place in Old Louisville called GeeChee Bayou at 2nd and Oak. She was underwhelmed by her trip, but said they were also just up and running and didn't have a full menu available yet. Also said it was deep fry heavy.

Anybody know anything further?
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: GeeChee Bayou?

by Robin Garr » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:08 pm

Seems like there was a short-lived Cajun place on the west side of Second just north of Oak maybe 10 or 15 years ago, not that this really answers your question. :)
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

by JustinHammond » Thu Apr 27, 2017 12:57 pm

"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:07 pm

The CJ says: "Rainey is bringing a taste of her home of Shreveport, Louisiana, to the neighborhood."

This is not exactly reassuring. My sister lived, fairly briefly, in Shreveport. From a culinary standpoint, it's well away from the Creole and Cajun zone, with local fare more typical of Deep South country cooking. The most popular dining-out dinner was mudbugs with lite beer. :)
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:43 am

Yeah, locals refer to Shreveportians as "yankees" still today. Certainly more a blend of some Cajun standards and other regional fare. I'm going to give it a try when I'm in the area, but initial reports are not encouraging. Hopefully they will get the full menu up and going and things will even out.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY