Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Vinaigrette Salad Kitchen

no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Vinaigrette Salad Kitchen

by Rich S » Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:21 pm

Vinaigrette Salad Kitchen is a tiny chain with two locations in Lexington (a third one’s opening soon); it just opened a Louisville location at 203 N. Hurstbourne Parkway (just north of Shelbyville Road, next to Shiraz). They offer a variety of salads that are assembled in front of you, along with a few soups and fancy popsicles. I tried the Bluegrass Blackberry salad (spring mix, strawberries, feta and some other stuff, in a blackberry sorghum vinaigrette), and it was quite good. I’m glad to have another option for salads.

https://vinaigrettesaladkitchen.com

https://www.facebook.com/Vinaigrettesalads/
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Vinaigrette Salad Kitchen

by Robin Garr » Wed Apr 26, 2017 8:36 pm

Thanks for the tip, Rich. Sounds interesting!
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

Re: Vinaigrette Salad Kitchen

by MarieP » Thu May 04, 2017 9:02 pm

A friend and I ate there tonight, and we both very much enjoyed it! I had the Bluegrass salad with country ham, and he had the chicken taco salad. The greens were crisp, the dressing tasted like eating fresh blackberries, and the portion was large. No skimping on the toppings either! I tried each of the (self-serve) lemonades. I particularly liked the strawberry and the cucumber (classic and cantaloupe-lime were the other flavors). The cashier said he liked mixing the strawberry and cucumber together, and so I made one to go...delicious! Will definitely do that next time! The only negative aspect is that, while serving the food in mixing bowls is a neat idea, my friend found the metal forks scraping against the metal bowls somewhat irritating (it was rather loud...). We both will definitely return!