Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

Private Rooms for presentations?

by Scott Hack » Sat Apr 22, 2017 11:56 pm

For the greater part of the past 7 or 8 years I've been involved with the WordPress community here in town. WordPress is the backend software that runs many websites ( about 25% of the web, including LHBs ) -- for the past 3 years we have had our monthly meetup at a business located off North Hurstbourne by the North East YMCA. Unfortunately, we can't continue to meet there so I'm looking for other options.

I'd love to find a place in that same general area that would work. We typically have about 15 people each month. I do have a projector that I can bring most months, but we need wifi and we need to be able to present. So a private room is probably the best bet. Since this is a community event ( no profit, all volunteer ) we can't pay anything to rent space. But we still have to eat, so thought there might be a restaurant that might be a good fit.

We are also exploring libraries and still hoping there might be a company with a training room that might be an option as well.

We meet on the second Tuesday of the month from roughly 6PM until 8:30

Anyone have suggestions?
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Re: Private Rooms for presentations?

by Andrew Mellman » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:38 pm

Corner Cafe is a block away with several private rooms. And, while I haven't been to the Mexican place that took the Limestone spot they used to have two private rooms, and are two blocks away. Good luck.
Andrew Mellman
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:51 pm

Andrew beat me to it. Corner Cafe is perfect for this. They have three large rooms, two that can hold 18 or 20 and a larger one that can hold 30 or more. Robert Frederick, the owner, is a real gentleman, and I'm pretty sure that they'll offer a community group free use of the room (assuming that folks are buying food and drink, of course). I've had conversation groups from St. Thomas and more recently St. Matthew's Episcopal meeting in there monthly for three or four years, and we've never had a complaint. If you give Robert a call, feel free to tell him I sent you.
no avatar
User

James Bibb

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sun Apr 03, 2011 5:59 pm

by James Bibb » Sun Apr 23, 2017 9:45 pm

Louvino in Middletown has a nice room.
no avatar
User

Madeline Peters

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 27, 2010 1:15 pm

St Matthews

by Madeline Peters » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:23 pm

Coals Artisan Pizza could work for you. The Frankfort location could fit 28 and the Middletown 48. Frankfort is completely private and the Middletown restaurant is separated by glass French doors.

Madeline Peters