Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Dalat's gateaux and cafe

no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Dalat's gateaux and cafe

by James Natsis » Sun Apr 16, 2017 10:13 pm

I stopped by there recently after a long absence. What an asset to the city. They had about 20 pre-made bahn mi with 4 different meat choices. I had a bbq pork. Great bread made in-house. Nice bargain at $4. Too many sweets and other exotic goods to describe.
This place deserves respect. Only down side is the Southside location near National Turnpike.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

Re: Dalat's gateaux and cafe

by Iggy C » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:17 am

Yeah, I love that spot. The guy will toast your banh mi if you aren't in a hurry, too.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Apr 17, 2017 7:58 am

Thanks for the reminder, guys. I think this is the former Coco's on Southside Drive? They don't seem to do social media, but someone made a FB place page for them:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Calats-G ... 1021732863
no avatar
User

Iggy C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:33 am

by Iggy C » Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:16 am

Yes, that's the place. For a long time the banh mi were only $3.25. Nice to combine with a trip to Iroquois park. That spot has got some interesting stuff -- a Bosnian bakery right next door, and a Burmese grocery across the street that had intriguing herbs I couldn't identify last time I was in.