Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Ciao Y'All

no avatar
User

Mike D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

Ciao Y'All

by Mike D » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:04 am

We finally made it to Ciao last night. It was sort of hard to walk in the door - the old Baxter Station was our go-to place for many years. Lots of memories.

I really like what they have done to the interior. We ate in back where the screened-in deck used to be. The space is really nice. The food was good and our server, Robert, was excellent. We'll be back.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Re: Ciao Y'All

by Carla G » Thu Mar 30, 2017 12:24 pm

Thanks for the report!
Can't wait to try it as well.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Thu Mar 30, 2017 1:21 pm

This is our new "go to" restaurant!

What we've ordered has been exceptional. The appetizer meatball is enough for four, and very light/full of flavor. We've had several of their monkey breads (they change daily), all good but some more wonderful than others, all worth a try, and lighter than I would have expected (appropriate for an appetizer!). The fried calamari and shrimp were good, tho a tad small if you're sharing between four people.

The drink list is true Italian. My favorite thus far is a blend of Chartreuse and Lillet, but there are a dozen or so I'm wanting to try.

Each time we've been so far we've shared a (small) pizza, trying both the shrimp and the squash pizzas.

The appetizers with the pizza were plenty for four of us each time, and even with drinks it was VERY affordable with an authentic vibe and neighborhood appeal.
Andrew Mellman
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Mar 30, 2017 3:50 pm

We liked Ciao and loved the bar. I'd come back for dinner, or even just for Italian-style drinks.

http://www.louisvillehotbytes.com/say-c ... lo-welcome