Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Clay Wallace moving on from Cafe Lou Lou

by Robin Garr » Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:18 am

Clay Wallace, Cafe Lou Lou's founder, is moving on, leaving the restaurant industry to work in real estate; but the good news is that Cafe Lou Lou will continue with a long-time co-worker at the helm. Here's Clay's post on Facebook today:

Clay Wallace wrote:It is with a heavy yet happy heart that I am posting today to announce the sale of Cafe Lou Lou. My heart is heavy because a very long chapter of my life is closing. First and foremost, I want to thank the many loyal employees that I have had the pleasure to call family for the last 13 years. Second, the patrons and regulars at Cafe Lou Lou. I have grown to know many of you like family as well, and will miss your smiles, stories, and visits. Also, the many vendors, sales people, and delivery drivers whom I've had the pleasure to call friends.

My heart is happy for many reasons. First, I will be turning the restaurant over to Jared Matthews, a long time friend, Louisiana native, and man with the passion and fire that Cafe Lou Lou deserves. Jarred intends to carry on the wonderful food and amazing staff that has been Cafe Lou Lou for the last 13 years, and he has amazing things in store to solidify the Lou Lou brand.

I will be trying my hand in the real estate world at Keller Williams Realty Louisville East. I can't express my gratitude to every life that has touched mine on this journey. I found a quote that seems to sum it up perfectly....."how lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard". Thanks again for the ride Louisville, KY!!! See you at the Lou

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... =3&theater