Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Ken Wilson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jan 03, 2008 3:50 pm

Louisville

by Ken Wilson » Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:04 am

You know, I've been wracking my brain for the best examples of appropriate music... and it's Maido I needed to remember: not Japanese, but in ways, ethnicity is not what Maido is all about. The music is hip, toned, surprising and pleasing. Perfectly chosen indie rock. A lot of places could learn from them...
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:02 pm

One of my favorites for background music is Caffe Classico, where (among other things) they play a lot of <b>Buddha Bar</b>

It's a perfect fit for the style and mood of Caffe Classico, and meets my restaurant-music needs by being both interesting and unobtrusive.
no avatar
User

Caleb Weber

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Dec 01, 2007 9:08 pm

by Caleb Weber » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:10 pm

i know its more of a bar than restaurant, but kuma's corner in chicago has awesome burgers and food and a great beer selection, and they play metal and old punk the whole time you eat.

http://www.kumas-corner.com/
no avatar
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Background music.

by Doogy R » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:33 pm

Leah s wrote:I'm really not into music at all, but I can generally say that if I notice the music more than the food, that's not good. And I agree, it's generally too loud. If I can't talk at a normal conversational level, then its just too loud.

I am into music, but agree with everything else Leah said here. It's about the food and the company. Well, unless I am dining alone which is the case lately.
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Bill D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 17, 2007 7:13 pm

Louisville, KY

background music

by Bill D » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:50 am

I agree w/ Robin about Cafe Classico, good stuff. My last year @ Browning's/Park Place on Main. Mary M. bought a beautiful baby grand and I a hope I remember his name correctly (LEO award winner) Steve Beshear will win you over. Salud.
Bill D
Previous