Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Shandaar Has Closed

no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

Shandaar Has Closed

by Terri Beam » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:03 pm

It seems as if another location has turned into Where Restaurants Go To Die. Shandaar has closed (it appears to have happened in January or February, but I hadn't noticed it before).

With all of the factories/office complexes out in that area, it's a shame nothing can seem to stick in that location. I thought the food was pretty good. I guess it's probably at least partially due to the odd positioning of the building. It neither faces Bluegrass Pkwy or Blankenbaker, so it's difficult to get traffic off the interstate in there. Backyard Burger has managed to survive on the opposite corner though.

Now that Yoki Buffet across the street has taken off pretty well, maybe something will go in there that's NOT a buffet.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Shandaar Has Closed

by Robin Garr » Tue Mar 14, 2017 5:23 pm

Yes, that's sad. It was well above the average for Indian locally, but as you say, not really well located for most of the metro. If I recall correctly, they opened, closed for a while, then gave it a second try. :(