Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Jack's at Corbett's

User

Kim H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:07 pm

Louisville

Jack's at Corbett's

by Kim H » Sat Mar 11, 2017 10:02 am

I didn't see any posts regarding the changes at Corbett's, did I thought I'd share: http://insiderlouisville.com/business/c ... ne-dining/
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Jack's at Corbett's

by Mark R. » Sat Mar 11, 2017 1:38 pm

Kim H wrote:I didn't see any posts regarding the changes at Corbett's, did I thought I'd share: http://insiderlouisville.com/business/c ... ne-dining/

Looks like Corbett's is going the way of our beloved Equis. They are taking a very relaxing restaurant with good food and converting it to a place much different and less attractive to those who go to restaurants for the food and service. We have completely quit going to Equis because of this and depending on how this plays out at me the same thing for many people who go to Corbett's.

I realize that the restaurants have to follow trends and provide what the customers want but it's a shame that while doing this they destroy the atmosphere that made them what they are.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

Re: Jack's at Corbett's

by RonnieD » Sat Mar 11, 2017 2:35 pm

Yeah, I totally understand the move, it likely makes good fiscal sense, but it is a little sad to see the top shelf of fine dining in the city taking a little of the shine off. For us it was a very special place to have a high class meal we otherwise wouldn't casually have. I guess I assumed there were enough rich folks to keep the lights on while us poor folks saved to contribute on a special occasion.

Doesn't mean we'll go less, but it does diminish the glamor of it a bit.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY