Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Tsubaki Sushi & Bar

User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Tsubaki Sushi & Bar

by Gayle DeM » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:05 pm

This is a new addition to Jasmine on English Villa Drive out in the far east end. While I havn't tried the sushi or bar, I checked it out before I had lunch at Jasmine yesterday. (Jasmine is my favorite Chinese restaurant; I especially like their "Red" menu which is pretty authentic Schezuan.) I did bring home a menu from Tsubaki to study. They have both raw and cooked 2 piece Nigiri and 3 piece Sashimi as well as a limited variety of vegetable rolls and deep fried rolls, plus an amazing amount of special rolls. I think this will be a most welcome addition to the east end and I can't wait to try it!
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Tsubaki Sushi & Bar

by Robin Garr » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:05 pm

Sounds good, Gayle! I've been hearing disturbing reports about Peking City slipping, so it's good to know that Jasmine is staying the course.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Tsubaki Sushi & Bar

by Mark R. » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:11 am

Robin Garr wrote:Sounds good, Gayle! I've been hearing disturbing reports about Peking City slipping, so it's good to know that Jasmine is staying the course.

Yes, Peking City has certainly gone downhill significantly. We stopped going after our last 2 visits were so disappointing. From what we've heard the restaurant have changed ownership, not sure about Peking City Express on Dupont Circle However. They need to get things together pretty soon or they are not going to have any customers.

The last time we were there the first eggrolls we ordered came out so greasy that they were sitting in grease on the plates. The 2nd one they brought out looked better but were still so greasy we couldn't even eat them! The entrées weren't flavorful at all and the presentation wasn't even very good.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"