Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Valentine's Day Birthday Blues

no avatar
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

Valentine's Day Birthday Blues

by Christina Firriolo » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:11 pm

So my birthday is tomorrow, the 7th, and we were planning on going out on the 11th. But since Valentine's day is also on a weekday this year, many of the restaurants are doing their Valentine's day "special" menus (read more expensive and less choice) on the night we were planning on going out.

Also, I make one of the best steaks in town, so I'm just thinking of going to the best butcher in town (suggestions?) and bringing some steaks home and cooking them on the grill. Then I'll ask hubs to put the money he would have spent on that to put it towards our trip later this year.

First world problems! Either way, we'll have fun and have a great dinner, I'm sure.
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei
no avatar
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

Re: Valentine's Day Birthday Blues

by Carol C » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:14 pm

Happy Birthday tomorrow, Christina!!! Totally understand--mine is the 10th which is even closer to Valentine's so usually no celebration. This year is a BIG one, so we are celebrating at Volare Sat night with my family :D Butcher's Best or Crestwood Meats both have wonderful steaks! Hope you enjoy and have a great day!
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:06 am

Happy Bday!

Why not go to Clearwater Farms and pick up a couple of lobsters . . . less expensive than the steak would be, and at least as festive! (or, go for "surf and turf")
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Christina Firriolo » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:03 am

Thank you both!

I am a heathen and don't like seafood. There. I said it. :lol:

Volare sounds awesome!
no avatar
User

Ed Vermillion

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:32 pm

38 degrees 25' 25' N 85 degrees 36' 2' W

by Ed Vermillion » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:55 am

Happy Birthday!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:02 am

Happy birthday, Christina! It might be too late now, but if you're thinking of a carnivorous treat, you might make a birthday trip to Red Hog. No guarantees that they'll have steaks at any given time, but if you like the idea of locally produced meats, they've got some amazing stuff.
no avatar
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Christina Firriolo » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:08 pm

Thank you guys!

I have had reservations at Le Moo for about 2 months now...I'm still just trying to decide if I should go out or go to the best butcher in town (I believe it's in the Highland's right?) and just do it myself. I'm driving myself crazy trying to decide!