Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Brasserie Provence wine dinner January 26

by Robin Garr » Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:09 pm

Brasserie Provence takes a European tour with a 5-Course Wine Dinner on Thursday, January 26, at 6:30pm. Wine expert David DuBou from Vintner Select will explore a variety of wines made with grapes that are not used in France, but are mainstays of Italy, Austria, Spain and Portugal.

Chef Patrick Gosden offers a menu to complement these wine appellations, starting with Fried Artichoke Hearts with Shaved Parmesan served with Indigenous Prosecco from Italy for the reception. The appetizer includes an Asparagus Goat Cheese Terrine matched with Markus Huber Gruner Veltliner from Austria, followed by a pasta course with Chef's family Lasagna recipe accompanied by Italian Spinetta Casanova Chianti Riserva. For the entrée, a delicious Cauliflower Crusted Lamb Chop & Pimento Capsicum Relish pairs perfectly with Vina Otano Rioja Reserva from Spain. The dinner will end with Chef's Tartaruga Brownie & Kentucky Farm Blue Cheese served with a Portugese Kopke 10 Years Old Tawny Port.

The dinner is $65 per person plus tax & gratuity. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 502-883-3153
Wines will be available for purchase with 15% discount through Westport Whiskey & Wine.
Brasserie Provence is located at 150 North Hurstbourne Parkway, Louisville, KY, 40222.
Please visit us at www.brasserieprovence.com
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Re: Brasserie Provence wine dinner January 26

by TP Lowe » Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:03 am

Love this place. I was surprised, however, when I made a new year's eve reservation that they didn't tell me in advance that they would be operating from a limited menu with only three or four options for appetizers and main courses. It was perfectly fine and the dinner was terrific - still just surprised no heads up was given.