Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

Roosters coming to Fern Creek

by James Natsis » Sat Dec 31, 2016 5:55 pm

I drove by the former Ryans at Bardstown and Hurstboune yesterday. There was work taking place and one of the guys told me that a Roosters was coming in.

That is a good spot and I'm glad to see it occupied again. According to their website, there are only a total of nine with a few in our area already. Is anyone familiar with Roosters? They seem to offer everything but the kitchen sink. But the prices look very reasonable. I guess its a place to bring the little ones.
James J. Natsis
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Roosters coming to Fern Creek

by Mark R. » Sat Dec 31, 2016 8:47 pm

We've been to the one on Shelbyville Rd. in Middletown a couple of times, the food certainly isn't anything special. We definitely prefer the chicken from Zaxby's. At least the one we go to is quite noisy and not what I would consider a great atmosphere for kids. They normally have a large bar crowd, especially on game nights. You are correct however their food prices are quite reasonable which is I'm sure one of the reasons they draw quite a few people.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Terri Beam

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Feb 16, 2009 3:26 pm

Re: Roosters coming to Fern Creek

by Terri Beam » Sun Jan 01, 2017 12:31 pm

That's near my house. I was hoping for something better, I suppose? That building was a bit large for a non-chain to move into, but I had hopes. It'll probably do well here though.

I've been to the one in Clarksville. I wasn't overwhelmed, but it wasn't bad. I wasn't a fan of Ryan's either, but I dined there a few times, usually out of desperation for food that was immediately available for consumption but not burgers and fries. :P I'll probably give Roosters a try (I hope it does better than the other wing place that was in the current Mark's Feed Store space though. That place was a trainwreck).

Of note, this isn't the first Ryan's building that Roosters has acquired. Their Preston Highway location was a Ryan's many moons ago.