Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Latest version of Hillbilly Tea closes

by Robin Garr » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:14 pm

And owner Karter Louis says there's not going to be a fifth. :(

It is with great sadness that we announce the permanent closure of Hillbilly Tea Restaurant. Thank you for nearly six years of devotion and support for our restaurant.
Hillbilly Tea will live on however, and you can still find our teas in restaurants, retail outlets and of course online.
wish you well in the new year…

https://www.facebook.com/hillbilly.tea
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Latest version of Hillbilly Tea closes

by Mark R. » Fri Dec 30, 2016 1:39 pm

I saw this on the 11 o'clock news on WAVE yesterday. They keep opening and closing so often it's hard to keep track of them, a couple weeks till they said they were going to be closed over the holidays. I guess they liked being off the didn't want to bother reopening?
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:30 pm

Mark R. wrote:I saw this on the 11 o'clock news on WAVE yesterday. They keep opening and closing so often it's hard to keep track of them, a couple weeks till they said they were going to be closed over the holidays. I guess they liked being off the didn't want to bother reopening?

I think that might be a little bit simplistic, Mark. :(
no avatar
User

Adam C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:43 pm

Camp Taylor aka Louisville's food desert

by Adam C » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:53 pm

Im confused. Didn't they recently (I have tiny children so my time frame might be WAY off) open next to that new hotel on Main st?
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:37 pm

Robin Garr wrote:
Mark R. wrote:I saw this on the 11 o'clock news on WAVE yesterday. They keep opening and closing so often it's hard to keep track of them, a couple weeks till they said they were going to be closed over the holidays. I guess they liked being off the didn't want to bother reopening?

I think that might be a little bit simplistic, Mark. :(

I'm sure it is but that's what it seems like these days. They have opened and closed so many times it's like a revolving door. The latest one on Main Street to been open that long at all. The last location enabling the closing on the bridge of project but that's certainly not the case for this one, or should I say at least it shouldn't be a reason for this closing.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"