Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Basa closing.

User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Basa closing.

by Mark R. » Mon Dec 19, 2016 9:22 pm

According to an article published in business first this afternoon Basa is closing. The final evening will be New Year's Eve. Here's the story: http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/n ... ter-a.html

The story indicates that Michael Ton, the chef is moving to Boca Raton Florida and they decided since they were losing their chef they would close the restaurant.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

Re: Basa closing.

by Jay M. » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:13 pm

That's too bad. We always enjoy Basa. It flies a little bit under the radar, but Michael is a talented chef and he had a good run here. Sometimes their list of specials for the evening rivaled in number the dishes on the menu. And, those specials always were creative and tasty. We wish him the best in the new venture.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:38 am

It will be missed. We didn't get there as often as we wanted, but it has been on our "top five" since the day they opened!
Andrew Mellman
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:29 pm

With the failure of Doc's Cantina and now this, I wonder if the Tons and Falls City Hospitality Group are pulling back from Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Dec 20, 2016 12:37 pm

Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:With the failure of Doc's Cantina and now this, I wonder if the Tons and Falls City Hospitality Group are pulling back from Louisville.

Aren't they also heavily invested in a major project with one of the glitzy riverfront condos abuilding? I wonder if that's an issue. Or maybe they're concerned about a Trump=based economic crash?
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:50 am

Robin Garr wrote:
Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:With the failure of Doc's Cantina and now this, I wonder if the Tons and Falls City Hospitality Group are pulling back from Louisville.

Or maybe they're concerned about a Trump=based economic crash?

Isn't everyone ?.....Oh wait a minute, never mind...This is Kentucky.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:30 pm

Steve P wrote:Isn't everyone ?.....Oh wait a minute, never mind...This is Kentucky.

You obviously haven't been keeping track of what the stock market and other economic indicators have been doing since his election! He's actually pro-business unlike our present president.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:50 pm

Mark R. wrote:
Steve P wrote:Isn't everyone ?.....Oh wait a minute, never mind...This is Kentucky.

You obviously haven't been keeping track of what the stock market and other economic indicators have been doing since his election! He's actually pro-business unlike our present president.

Mixed blessing . . . stock market rises normally after the uncertainty of a pre-election period. Now, while the market is still rising, the interest rates are also up, which acts as a negative to small business borrowing and expansion. Not a clear-cut direction. Sorry.
Andrew Mellman
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:39 pm

I will miss Basa.
User

Gary Guss

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Van down by the River

by Gary Guss » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:19 am

With the normal business cycle, we are heading for a recession, now with the overheated stock market bubble forming it will just have more room to fall. Trump is a loose cannon, if he does infrastructure like he claimed the resulting deficit spending will be inflationary as will a push for more jobs when the unemployment rate is as low as it is at present. Look around everyone is hiring, but the wages haven't moved much. As the rest of us Baby Boomers bail out of the job market, I would expect a big uptick in wages until we all ultimately get replaced by technology. We live in "interesting times".
no avatar
User

Derrick Dones

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:02 am

by Derrick Dones » Thu Dec 22, 2016 5:58 pm

Yup, and I am pretty sure this lady voted for him: http://therightscoop.com/go-back-wherev ... oes-viral/

I will really miss Basa. DD
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Dec 22, 2016 9:56 pm

Derrick Dones wrote:Yup, and I am pretty sure this lady voted for him:

:lol:

I can't figure what she was doing in Penney's anyway. She sure looks like The People of Walmart ...
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:02 pm

Robin Garr wrote:

I can't figure what she was doing in Penney's anyway. She sure looks like The People of Walmart ...

Yeah - She's got Walmart written all over her.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Fri Dec 23, 2016 10:42 am

Steve P wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:

Yeah - She's got Walmart written all over her.

Really folks getting a bit hard on Walmart people but I am a Meijer girl myself and I really never go inside J-mall unless I have no other choice Ashamed that happened in my end of town but face it idiots are everywhere.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Dec 23, 2016 7:54 pm

BevP wrote:Really folks getting a bit hard on Walmart people but I am a Meijer girl myself and I really never go inside J-mall unless I have no other choice Ashamed that happened in my end of town but face it idiots are everywhere.

True, Bev. There's an internet meme about "People of Walmart" that gets people chuckling, but you're absolutely right. All manner of people go there. If they didn't, the Waltons wouldn't be so rich!
Next