Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Re: 3rd Turn Brewery Expanding to Oldham County

by Rich S » Wed Dec 21, 2016 2:36 pm

Scott Hack wrote: I think the real challenge for them is going to be food. Nearly every really successful micro brewery has a strong food program. I don't know if that location will do well without a food program and from their website, it looks like the Jtown location is just a tap room, with no food?

You could be right, but Apocalypse and Great Flood don't serve food and seem to be doing well. Mile Wide Beer, which opened this month, got off to a strong start without serving food; they were busy on a weekday afternoon when I visited last week. Of course, those three taprooms are all in a heavily populated area; I don't know if Oldham County is big enough to support a similar operation.
no avatar
User

neal.johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Beechmont

by neal.johnson » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:18 pm

3rd Turn does not serve food but they usually have a food truck out front and I'm pretty sure you can have food delivered there.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:59 pm

Wait.
Where are they going? At the old Boone Gardner or at Minish and Potts? (Isn't that behind the PNC Bank?)
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Michele Janosek

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 25, 2007 5:08 pm

Douglass Hills

by Michele Janosek » Wed Dec 21, 2016 4:00 pm

You can bring in food (or have it delivered) at the Jtown location. They also partner with food trucks every Friday and have had great success with that. We are there very frequently and they really are great people. Greg and the team love to share beer knowledge and brew some damn good stuff IMHO! They are also dog friendly for those of us who enjoy a brew with our four legged buddies.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed Dec 21, 2016 5:34 pm

Robin Garr wrote:Inside the Watterson. Crescent Hill. Our precinct voted something like 80:20 for Clinton.

That sounds like a reason you fit in much better in NYC than you do here. NYC was about the same percentage in favor of Clinton. Of course we're glad you're here despite your political views! :mrgreen:
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

by Scott Hack » Thu Dec 22, 2016 1:48 pm

Sorry Carla, that was a slip on my part. The answer is both. Boone Gardner went in after Minish and Potts left that spot.
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Thu Dec 22, 2016 2:52 pm

So...NOT behind the PNC bank? Next door to Yew Dell?
(I am so tired of walking into Florist shops and requesting a beer! :wink: )
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Fri Dec 23, 2016 6:25 pm

Carla G wrote:So...NOT behind the PNC bank? Next door to Yew Dell?
(I am so tired of walking into Florist shops and requesting a beer! :wink: )

On Old LaGrange Rd - between Yew Dell Gardens and the Fire Station.....and honestly, the more I think about this...the more of a head scratcher this becomes. I mean there isn't a whole lot that comes to Crestwood that doesn't end up wilting on the vine - and THAT is the stuff on "the main drag"...This place is going to be located WAY off the beaten track - I just don't get it. Hope I am wrong.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
Previous