Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Whole hog barbecue Thursday at Red Barn Kitchen

by Robin Garr » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:48 am

Red Barn Kitchen is throwing down on a massive whole hog this Thursday, December 22, for a special event for barbecue enthusiasts.

“This baby is pushing 300 pounds,” said Executive Chef Reed Johnson. Johnson originally hails from Madisonville in Western Kentucky, where he learned the secrets of southern cuisine and refined his smoking techniques. “Whole hog barbecue is my first love. I am pumped beyond belief to get on the stick and start smoking.”

$15 gets you all you can eat from the huge hog that will be slow-cooked for 15+ hours. $6 cocktail specials and $2 Bud Light and Budweiser specials will be offered 4:-9 p.m. Red Barn will also offer its full dinner menu.

Red Barn Kitchen is located at 8131 New La Grange Road in Lyndon. The restaurant offers bone-in fried chicken, shrimp and grits with country ham and shellfish broth, BLT with pimento cheese and fried green tomatoes, and plenty of expertly-smoked meats. Hickory, cherry, and oak flavors mix with pork, pork ribs, beef brisket, and beef ribs.

Check out Chef Reed’s exploits on Instagram: @redbarnkitchenbbq or Facebook @redbarnkitchen.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Re: Whole hog barbecue Thursday at Red Barn Kitchen

by Andrew Mellman » Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:15 pm

I wonder if Martin's is 'eating into' their business? (For those who haven't been, Martin's does a whole hog every day, but not all u can eat)
Andrew Mellman
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: Whole hog barbecue Thursday at Red Barn Kitchen

by Mark R. » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:12 pm

Andrew Mellman wrote:I wonder if Martin's is 'eating into' their business? (For those who haven't been, Martin's does a whole hog every day, but not all u can eat)

At Least from our experience at Martin's they should be affecting the business at Red Barn. We found the quality and Martin's to be well below expectations, average at best. The prices were also quite high.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"