Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:34 am

Highlands

What's been at 1318 Bardstown Road?

by Lonnie Turner » Thu Dec 08, 2016 12:58 am

Now that Bearno's has closed we started thinking about what else has been at this address.
The first I remember was the Sunset East Tavern in the '80s.
In Chong was an Asian restaurant, maybe Korean, I think it opened in 1993, not sure when it closed.
Beau Weevil was a move by Pete's Cajun 99 from Grinstead. I think they opened 06/04/99, not sure when they closed. Not sure the sequence of this & the next one, who came first.
Kiwi's Pub was there in 1999, closing that year. This may have been the place staffed by Goth looking kids indifferent to customers unless I've conflated it with a place in the same building I can't recall.
Bearno's ran from 2001 to now.
Sorry about the uncertainty, but I bet others on the Forum will have more recollections to share about 1318 Bardstown Road.
no avatar
User

Robin F.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 12, 2007 11:50 am

Re: What's been at 1318 Bardstown Road?

by Robin F. » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:01 am

It was a Pasquali's Pizza at some point, but not sure if it was before or right after Sunset.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:26 am

I definitely remember the Pasquale's there, and I'm pretty sure it lasted until we came back to Louisville from NYC in 1994. It was Sunset East before we left town in 1990, and I, too, remember the short-lived Beau Weevil, which deserved to live on the basis of that name alone. :mrgreen:
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:53 pm

The Pasquales was not where Bearnos is. Pasquales was a longtime place where Bobby Js and the recently closed Mexican restaurant (name?) was.

At one time the Bearnos building housed a microfilm (remember such a thing) place that I think was called Louisville Microfilm.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Dec 08, 2016 4:17 pm

Steve Shade wrote:The Pasquales was not where Bearnos is. Pasquales was a longtime place where Bobby Js and the recently closed Mexican restaurant (name?) was.

Avalon's, later El Camino? I sure thought I remembered Pasquale's at 1318 before Bearno's, but I think you're right. D'oh. Maybe it was the adult beverages. :oops:
no avatar
User

Rick Boman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:26 am

by Rick Boman » Thu Dec 08, 2016 9:25 pm

Wasn't Gilligan's Bar there back in the early nineties? Or was that somewhere else?