Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Ellen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm

Re: Total Wine v.s. Liquor Barn

by Ellen P » Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:10 pm

Steve P wrote:I haven't done exhaustive research but based on the products that WE buy the (new) Total Wine and Spirits in The Paddock Shops is WAY cheaper than The Liquor Barn...Sometimes by as much as 25%. Just thought I'd "share" in case anyone was stocking up for the holidays. As an aside, I've also noticed that the employees at The Barn have gotten a LOT more friendly/helpful and that the company is flooding TV with commercials since TW&S opened.

Funny about LB friendly/helpful...We quit going for that reason. Would rather pay more somewhere else than get ignored there. Neither are local. But LB is Canadian. I guess Wine place is USA.
Got a growler filled at Prospect Party Center today. sometimes the Kroger there - almost local. Almost local beer - Country Boy.
User

Ray Griffith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Highlands

Re: Total Wine v.s. Liquor Barn

by Ray Griffith » Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:15 am

Mike D wrote:My first and probably last trip to Total Wine was pretty disappointing. We were on our way to dinner at a friend's home. My wife waited in the car while I went in to look for a particular bottle that she had asked for. Of course, the place is huge. The only employee that I saw initially was busy checking out customers, with four or five in line. So I wandered around for a few minutes. Finally found another employee who, after a database search, told me they didn't carry what I was looking for. So I asked for a recommendation on a wine pairing for the entree that we knew was being served. The employee (some sort of manager, I think) couldn't come up with anything other than a generic "red...maybe a pinot?". So I left empty handed and frustrated.

I am not picking on you, but did you really expect another result? I would liken this to going to the hardware section in Walmart and expecting Keith's Hardware level knowledge. :mrgreen:
Previous