Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Fat Lamb: very loud?

User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Fat Lamb: very loud?

by Robin Garr » Mon Nov 28, 2016 10:58 pm

We want to go to dinner with a friend we haven't seen for a while, and wondered if Fat Lamb would be too loud for easy conversation. I remember the decibel level in Fontleroy's was fairly high. Can any of you testify about the sound comfort level now that it's Fat Lamb?
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

Re: Fat Lamb: very loud?

by Robin Garr » Tue Nov 29, 2016 9:04 am

So, nobody's been?
no avatar
User

Doug A

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 14, 2007 10:47 pm

Highlands

by Doug A » Tue Nov 29, 2016 11:03 am

Robin,

We were there a couple of weeks ago early on a Saturday night and they did not start to fill up until 7:30-8:00. As a result, the noise level was not that bad.

We were in the back right area as you enter the restaurant. We were seated on the left hand side that had bench seats and a couple of the most uncomfortable steel chairs I have ever been in. That may be as much a limiting factor to a leisurely paced visit as noise in our party's opinion. They have heard the concerns and intend to replace them, but just beware if they are still there .

We were big fans of Marketplace when Dallas was there and the menu has a lot of very similar dishes.
HTH-Doug
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Nov 29, 2016 12:50 pm

Thanks, Doug. I think I remember that Fontleroy's had those hard chairs, and I get it that Dallas wants to take one step at a time rather than investing in a gut rehab from Day One. I appreciate your report on the sound level!