Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Honduran in Iroquois Park?

no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

Honduran in Iroquois Park?

by MarieP » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:11 pm

Catrachos Restaurant vs La Guanaquita...

I know the latter is open because I called (they had to find someone who spoke English..."las horas a abrir" didn't work lol...I'm not good at remembering conjugations...must be authentic!) It looks like La Guanaquita could be the replacement for Catrachos Restaurant but I have two addresses...4213 and 4231 Taylor Blvd...anyway, I heard there was a Honduran place in the Iroquois Park area, and my family is going to the Jack-O-Lantern Spectacular tonight, and so we thought we'd finally try it!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Honduran in Iroquois Park?

by Robin Garr » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:44 pm

MarieP wrote:Catrachos Restaurant vs La Guanaquita...

Marie, you saw my review of La Guanaquita, didn't you?

http://www.louisvillehotbytes.com/habla ... estaurante

I'm pretty sure it's the replacement for Catrachos. When we first went there, they were still using the old menus, but it was complicated because they weren't making most of the stuff on the menu. :) The whiteboard menu near the ordering counter is best.

We had very little trouble even though my Spanish is weak and their English is weak. There's an older woman who's very friendly and a younger woman who seemed a little brusque, but mostly in a sense of "My Mom is making me work here and I Haaaaaaate it." But it's a fun place, and they're welcoming and eager to serve. Pointing at the menu and going along with their Spanglish makes it work.
no avatar
User

MarieP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:56 pm

St. Matthews

Re: Honduran in Iroquois Park?

by MarieP » Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:50 pm

No, I somehow didn't see it! Thanks! Pointing at the menu can be fun (long time ago, we were at a restaurant in rural Quebec, and we ended up having to do charades! The poor waitress didn't know how to portray "scallops" but we were brave and loved our meal!) And your pictures are making me salivate!