Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Lindsey gives M&BB 2.5' I give her 4. Good start.

by Robin Garr » Thu Oct 13, 2016 2:01 pm

SilvioM wrote:Her next one has been posted. A few more flourishes, but still written well for a place that (imo) deserves the attention.

http://www.courier-journal.com/story/en ... /91317662/

I do love Con Huevos! And yes, her writing is a huge jump up from Nancy, and in a stylistic way, more to my taste than even Marty.
User

Chris M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:10 pm

The Ville

by Chris M » Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:23 pm

JustinHammond wrote:
Robin Garr wrote:I didn't realize Artesano had slipped

I hasn't, we eat there 3-4 times a month, just went Monday. Everything was fantastic.

I will let the size (or lack there of) of the crowds / wait at Artesano speak for itself.
no avatar
User

Margie L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:47 pm

by Margie L » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:38 pm

I am afraid that Chris may be right. The original M&BB has been one of my favorites since it opened, but, based on my last 3 visits, while the food is still good, it is no longer great. It sounds silly, but I used to be able to count on the fries still sizzling when the plate was brought out, and the burger cooked to perfection. No longer.

My first visit to Red Barn was amazing. The second, I had haphazard service and cold sides. Haven't been back for a third, yet.

How can I go back to Artesano? My last visit, several months ago, was revelatory. What if it has become average?

I'm worried.
Previous