Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Popsicles for grown-ups! (And kids, too.)

by Robin Garr » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:16 pm

I haven’t had a popsicle since I was about 9, and frankly, I didn’t even think I wanted one. But then someone told me about Steel City Pops.

What if I could get a popsicle – fruity-ice or creamy dairy – from a pallette of grown-up flavors like plum with rosemary, maple bacon with bourbon, smoked fig with cheese, or … tomatillo yogurt!? Made with locally produced, organic ingredients with nothing artificial in the shop? And $3 a pardon-the-expression pop?

Don’t mind if I do!

Here’s a look at the current menu. A fall update may be coming soon.

Eats Tweets on HotBytes
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

Re: Popsicles for grown-ups! (And kids, too.)

by SilvioM » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:51 pm

i'm a fan. It's the cost of a scoop of ice cream, a comparable dessert option. They introduce new flavors regularly, have quality products, and, despite the doubt I heard when they first opened, are often crowded whenever I drive by.

I'm not sure if I'll want one in January, but this time of the year, it's a favorite.
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

by Alanna H » Wed Oct 05, 2016 10:20 pm

Oooh, they've changed the menu since I just went there for the first time two weeks ago. Lots of goodies on that new one to try! I previously tried two of their creamy pops- banana pudding and sweet curry. I admit to just wanting to try the sweet curry to see how weird it was. And it WAS weird. Weird and delicious!!!!
User

Eve Lee

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:18 pm

Highlands

by Eve Lee » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:57 am

Alanna H wrote:Oooh, they've changed the menu since I just went there for the first time two weeks ago. Lots of goodies on that new one to try! I previously tried two of their creamy pops- banana pudding and sweet curry. I admit to just wanting to try the sweet curry to see how weird it was. And it WAS weird. Weird and delicious!!!!

Oh yes, they've changed it a lot since I was last there a few weeks ago, and a few weeks before that. Definitely more 'seasonal' flavors now, but at least coffee (my favorite) seems to be a perennial. The only thing I wish they'd change is allowing tiny tastes before you buy. The policy is that if you don't like a pop they'll exchange it for you, but that just seems so wasteful (and why I finished the rare one I didn't care for).