Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Who's a foodie? LEO food writers in podcast debate

by Robin Garr » Tue Sep 20, 2016 10:06 am

I don't know if many of you would want to spend 1 hour and 7 minutes of your life on this, but for those who do, I took part in an amusing podcast the other night, a sort of point-counterpoint with LEO Weekly colleague Michael C. Powell over our battling articles about the meaning of "foodieism" and the culpability of Butchertown Grocery in cultural appropriation and microagressions. ;) Also, who's an "epic snob" and who's not. A few shots were fired, but by and large it was a friendly debate.

Me, on the HotBytes FB page wrote:Who's a foodie? You're a foodie, probably. Tune in on this fun debate with LEO Weekly colleague Michael C Powell.

Kyle Mann wrote:We had two very special guests with us for episode 19. Michael Powell and Robin Garr, two food writers who publicly exchanged barbs over their interpretation of what a foodie is/isn't. These dudes are serious about food. Serious food dudes. SFDs. I like that. I think I'll stick with it. We did our best to spur Robin and Michael into a war of words, and there were some fun moments. Ladies & gentlemen: the Great Foodie Debate.

https://soundcloud.com/bogansheroes/epi ... die-debate
User

Joel F

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:21 pm

Re: Who's a foodie? LEO food writers in podcast debate

by Joel F » Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:31 pm