Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Kurt R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 9:08 am

Louisville, KY

Re: Location Please?

by Kurt R. » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:00 pm

Ralph M wrote:I don't remember where Sapporo is...

Sitar is 1702 Bardstown Road
473-8889

Just to make everyone aware, Sitar has 5 other locations out of state (4) in Tennessee and (1) in Alabama, they know what they are doing.
Kurt

Character is measured by a series of split second decisions.
no avatar
User

Solomon Gayman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:47 am

highlands

Re: New Indian Restaurant opening next to Sapporo

by Solomon Gayman » Thu Feb 21, 2008 4:57 pm

went there today again for lunch and the place was great. I was excited to see lamb on the buffet and delicious chicken dishes.
Most times at a buffet the quality off the food seems to streak downhill while the price is low but here at Sitar it was complete opposite.
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:28 am

DH and I ate at Sitar last night, and we have to give it a mixed review. They were not all that busy when we arrived at 6:10, and slammed when we left. 35 minutes elapsed between arrival of the menu and arrival of the food. DH had to ask 3 times for iced tea. Never a check back during the meal to see if we needed anything. There were at least 2-3 servers/bussers "busy" doing an enormous amount of sidework, and much concern, with manager intervention, on both keeping the water pitchers filled and set in a particular configuration. Had this much effort been put into waiting on the guests, I suspect things would have gone better.

The food was very good. Of course I asked for hot and of course I got what I'd call mild-medium. It always seems to be the case that Indian restaurants simply will not make their food hot, even when requested. I know what I'm asking for. That said, the food was flavorfull and well prepared. And I have some leftovers for lunch. I had the bhindi masala and DH had a chicken saag. The naan was hot and puffy with just the right amount of char. yummy.

We will be back for the $6.99 lunch buffet to avoid the service problems, but it will be tough to go back for dinner service.

We also noticed that Kashmir has a big sign on their door advertising a daily $6.99 buffet. hmmm
no avatar
User

Tina M

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:21 pm

Highlands

by Tina M » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:36 pm

We tried this place Friday night. We thought it was good, but we liked Royal India more.
User

Mark Head

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:44 pm

Prospect

by Mark Head » Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:17 am

Had dinner Sunday night at Sitar. Very mixed review at best.

I ordered a beer...no liquer license....ok a diet coke....the machine is out of syrup. Ok how about chai tea....luke warm and weak.

Vegatable samosa was good. Chicken tika was good and the vegatable korma was delicious. Unfortunately it ended there...the lamb biryani was just flat bad. The lamb tasted either gamey beyond words or just off. I eat lots of lamb and this was not good. We ordered all our dishes "medium", there wasn't any heat to any of them. Garlic nann was ok. Service was friendly and attentive - the water glasses remained full. After mentioning the lamb to our server he asked me if I wanted a take-home box for it.

I want this place to do well.....but I'll likely return to Shalamar for my Indian fix.
no avatar
User

Solomon Gayman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:47 am

highlands

by Solomon Gayman » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:14 pm

Did anyone else notice that kashmir opened there buffet from sat. and sun. to everyday of the week.
no avatar
User

MichelleJ

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:47 am

Highlands

by MichelleJ » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:48 pm

I've been here three times, once for the lunch buffet and twice for dinner, and loved it each time. No, the service at dinner will probably not win an hospitality awards but it was for the most part efficient. The food was outstanding all three times. Just for variety and convenience sake I'll probably be a lunch buffet regular more so than a dinner guest.
Consuming Louisville
very good things to do, buy & eat in the River City

http://www.consuminglouisville.com
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:32 pm

DH and I had lunch at Sitar today. Food was good, and we do enjoy sampling all the different dishes that are on the buffet. Service was spotty (being kind) and I didn't expect spicy dishes on the buffet. there was a very good variety, and it is certainly reasonably priced.

We'll go back, but we're going to do the kashmir buffet first.

All in all, we really like Royal India better.
Previous