Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

Texican's BBQ Crestwood - CLOSED

by Steve P » Wed Sep 14, 2016 6:37 pm

Texican's BBQ in Crestwood is closed. - Apparently since about the end of July. Shows how much I get around. :roll:
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

Re: Texican's BBQ Crestwood - CLOSED

by Carol C » Thu Sep 15, 2016 8:40 am

We heard that they were closing because they were unable to find adequate help. Hate it--we liked their BBQ and they were a really nice family :( Not sure about their truck???
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Thu Sep 15, 2016 10:47 am

No! Nononono! They had the very best greens anywhere and their cherrywood ribs were so very good.
I am bummed.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Steve P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:18 pm

by Steve P » Fri Sep 16, 2016 5:44 pm

Carol C wrote:We heard that they were closing because they were unable to find adequate help. Hate it--we liked their BBQ and they were a really nice family :( Not sure about their truck???

Carol,

They did a LOT of catering...or did at one time, I'm guessing that is where they were having trouble keeping employees. Considering what the going pay rate is it is no wonder...Hell, I sure wouldn't work for those kind of wages.
Stevie P...The Daddio of the Patio
User

Carol C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

by Carol C » Fri Sep 16, 2016 7:29 pm

Steve, I heard this from my friend's son who gets his hair cut next door :? ! Will try to get more info. They used to have the catering contract for the Belle of Lou and did lots of on-site food for many of the sporting events at the Oldham Co. schools. Remember when they had the trailer parked in a gas station lot at the intersection of 22 &146 by the railroad tracks? Just hope they are doing well because they are such nice people!!!