Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

The Fat Lamb to replace Fontleroy's

by Mark R. » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:27 pm

According to an article this afternoon in business 1st Dallas McGarity is going to open a new restaurant called The Fat Lamb where Fontleroy's is presently located. Here is a link to the entire story: http://www.bizjournals.com/louisville/n ... j=75774802
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

Re: The Fat Lamb to replace Fontleroy's

by Deb Hall » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:32 pm

So excited about this! Dallas is a seriously talented chef- can't wait to see what he does when it's his own place.
Deb
no avatar
User

Derrick Dones

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:02 am

by Derrick Dones » Wed Sep 14, 2016 11:25 am

I wonder what happened with Fontleroy's? The space was quite nice and on a recent trip for brunch, the food was very good. I thought pricing in general was slightly steep, but nothing outlandish. That was until I rec'd the check and saw the charge for two pints (both were slightly incomplete pours) were $9 each.

First of all, if you are going to charge a downright ridiculous amount ($9) for a 16 oz draft beer, you should certainly advertise that price on a menu somewhere. That was not the case at Fontleroy's...there may have been a list or the waitress read off the draft beers available, but certainly you should make people aware that you are about to screw them on a beer that I could walk 1/2 block to Mellow Mushroom and get for $5.50. The beer, Monnik's Rommulus, was good, but not $9 per glass good. This didn't sit well with me.

DD
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Wed Sep 14, 2016 10:41 pm

Derrick Dones wrote:I wonder what happened with Fontleroy's? DD

I was wondering the same thing. I wonder if maybe Dallas came up was the right offer because he liked the location? That I know of Fontleroy's hadn't closed prior to this announcement.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

Gary Z

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:05 am

by Gary Z » Thu Sep 15, 2016 6:49 pm

I have soooo much to say about this but it's probably in my best interest to wait a few days.
no avatar
User

MaggiePatterson

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:52 pm

by MaggiePatterson » Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:17 am

Head chef left a couple of months ago, beginning of August I believe....that'll usually do it..