Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Food blog and event calendar

no avatar
User

Erin Riedel

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:14 pm

Germantown

Food blog and event calendar

by Erin Riedel » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:03 pm

Some of you may have noticed from my signature here that I've started a food blog. I'm posting here not to encourage you to read it (though it would be great if you did!) but because I wanted to let you know that I've also started a calendar of food-related local events. If any of you have events that you would like to publicize, send me a PM here or contact me through the blog (comment, email, whatever) and I'll post about it and add it to the calendar. I try to add the stuff I come across on HotBytes anyway, but you're always welcome to let me know about things directly. I hope that this calendar will eventually become a go-to place for local food happenings.

(Consuming Louisville, with which I am not affiliated, is also a good place to promote things!)
no avatar
User

David R. Pierce

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 1:02 pm

by David R. Pierce » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:35 pm

Very nice blog. I looked at it yesterday and got sidetracked before I could drop you a PM. I enjoyed your writting style, it paints a nice picture for the reader.

The kegerator as engagement gift is the right way to think. I bookmarked your blog right under this forum and The Potable Curmudgeon
Cheers,
David R. Pierce
The Original BBC Brewmaster
Bluegrass Brewing Co.
St. Matthews branch
Craft Brewing Louisville continuously since 1992
no avatar
User

MichelleJ

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:47 am

Highlands

by MichelleJ » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:32 pm

Thanks for the Consuming Louisville mention Erin.

Yes please do let me know of any food/beverage related events and news that you'd like to promote. I'm always happy to write about such things on Consuming Louisville.
Consuming Louisville
very good things to do, buy & eat in the River City

http://www.consuminglouisville.com
no avatar
User

Sue H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 05, 2007 12:08 am

by Sue H » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:41 pm

Wow! What a great idea! I will definately use your calendar to seek out special dinners, tastings etc.
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:26 pm

Erin,

Really enjoyed your blog! And as I'm dealing with some of the same foodie/ lose weight issues, I have another book to suggest adding to your reading list: French Women don't get Fat.i I'm in the middle of it right now, and it definitely has very relevant suggestions for those like us. I've tried several of the recipes and they've been very good. Mostly though, I find it a very good reminder of how to eat (as you said: not too much) and really enjoy your food.

Deb
no avatar
User

Michele Melillo-Clem

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:26 am

East Market Street

by Michele Melillo-Clem » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:06 pm

Erin and Neil ... loved your site. Enjoyed reading it all and have added it to may favorites. Keep up the great work!
It's the hand of the cook that expresses the heart.

Michele Melillo-Clem
no avatar
User

Erin Riedel

{ RANK }

Foodie

Germantown

by Erin Riedel » Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:28 pm

Thank you all for your kind comments! I have been having so much fun with it; it's great to hear that other people are enjoying it too! :)

Deb, I read French Women Don't Get Fat a couple years ago and I really liked it. I never tried any of the recipes, though. I was actually just thinking about re-reading it; I'll have to cook some of the recipes this time around. I did get a yogurt maker, which is fun. I made goat milk yogurt and it was delicious!
no avatar
User

Deb Hall

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:46 pm

Highlands , Louisville

by Deb Hall » Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:19 pm

Erin,

Ironically, I'm making my first batch of yogurt tommorow (sans yogurt maker).

Where did you get the goat's milk? Greek yogurt made with goat's milk is one of my favorites.
Deb
no avatar
User

Becca MacGilvray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:11 pm

St. Matthews

awesome blog

by Becca MacGilvray » Mon Jan 14, 2008 11:14 pm

Erin, Great blog---I added it to my favorites! Thanks for the mention of BBC--I really appreciate the nod! Next time you and Neil are in St. Matthews let me know and I will buy you a beer!

Cheers,
Becca
no avatar
User

Erin Riedel

{ RANK }

Foodie

Germantown

by Erin Riedel » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:18 am

Deb, I got the goat's milk at Whole Foods. It made a wonderfully tangy yogurt. Now that I'm thinking about it I'm going to have to make some more!

Becca - My pleasure! Put my name on a Dark Star Porter and I'll get out there as soon as I can! :)