Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Gary Z

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:05 am

Re: Waiter Jedi Mind Trick

by Gary Z » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:09 pm

I'm guilty of the opposite of this. When posing the inevitable question of whether or not dessert is desired, I'll shake my head side to side. I want to turn that table.
User

Ray Griffith

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:39 pm

Highlands

by Ray Griffith » Thu Sep 08, 2016 5:44 pm

Jeremy Coker wrote:
:D +1 I am amazed that this petty stuff really bothers you enough to post about.

I am amazed that my post on such a petty topic really bothers you enough that you would post about your said amazement
Last edited by Ray Griffith on Thu Sep 08, 2016 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
no avatar
User

Nora Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:24 pm

Clifton

by Nora Boyle » Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:54 pm

I'm curious as to who is pushing this? I mean, I've had weird experiences at restaurants, but not this particular line. Is it corporate? I've been to Brandons catch 23 3 times through luck and circumstance, they don't do this. And they seem about as pretentious and corporate as you can get!
no avatar
User

Jeremy Coker

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:09 am

by Jeremy Coker » Thu Sep 08, 2016 10:30 pm

Ray Griffith wrote:
Jeremy Coker wrote:
:D +1 I am amazed that this petty stuff really bothers you enough to post about.

I am amazed that my post on such a petty topic really bothers you enough that you would post about your said amazement

Touché. Great point
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:40 am

Jeremy Coker wrote:Touché. Great point

Yeah, this has been an amusing discussion, but I haven't really been thinking of it as a candidate for "Top 50 Most Interesting HotBytes Topics Ever." 8)

On the other hand, talking about how service works and what pleases diners and what irritates diners does seem worth the effort, even if we throw in a snark or two along the way.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Sep 09, 2016 7:40 am

Jeremy Coker wrote:Touché. Great point

Yeah, this has been an amusing discussion, but I haven't really been thinking of it as a candidate for "Top 50 Most Interesting HotBytes Topics Ever." 8)

On the other hand, talking about how service works and what pleases diners and what irritates diners does seem worth the effort, even if we throw in a snark or two along the way.
no avatar
User

MaggiePatterson

{ RANK }

Just got here

Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:52 pm

by MaggiePatterson » Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:28 pm

Jeremy Coker wrote:
Jeff Cavanaugh wrote:No wonder our local restaurants are having a hard time finding servers. Y'all are hard to please.

Yep, +1 here. Been through a hiring crisis before, it's no fun. Nobody wants to deal with "customers" anymore. And it's completely understandable these days with these types of complaints.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Thu Sep 22, 2016 6:48 am

Yup, things are tough all over. There's a hiring crisis going on in a bunch of industries. I just spent another 10 hour day with 16 two-year-olds in yet ANOTHER day care center because they can't hire enough labor @$10 hour to fill their slots. (Where the heck are all those illegal Mexican aliens that are taking all those jobs away from us?! Because they haven't discovered the child care industry yet.)

The thing is when we all start lowering standards and saying "it's just TOO hard" that's when when things start to deteriorate. And frankly that's not fair to some of the fine restaurants around town that have managed to keep their standards high (And there are many.) The bottom line is you get what you pay for and you can't expect something for nothing. That works on both sides of the dining table and throughout any industry.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
Previous