Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Guy Fieri’s Smokehouse opening Sept. 10

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:12 am

I just got this invitation. It's not the kind of thing I do. I'd like to ask you folks, though: Are you excited about the imminent arrival of Guy Fieri’s Smokehouse in 4SL?

Guy Fieri’s Smokehouse, Fourth Street Live!’s new smoked meats concept, will open to the public on Saturday, September 10 at 9 pm. Media are invited to attend a sneak peek event on Thursday, September 8 from 2 to 5 pm to get an exclusive first look at the restaurant and sample food and drinks off the menu.

The Smokehouse will be a flagship location of a brand new concept for restaurateur Guy Fieri. The restaurant boasts 6,700 square feet of dining space, including 117 interior seats and 79 outdoor patio seats. The outdoor patio, totaling over 2,200 square feet, will feature a large meat smoker custom made by Ole Hickory and an indoor/outdoor bar.

WHAT: Guy Fieri’s Smokehouse Grand Opening and Media Sneak Peek

WHEN:
• Thursday, September 8 from 2 to 5 pm: Media sneak peek
• Saturday, September 10 at 9 pm: Restaurant opens to the public

WHERE: 434 S. 4th Street, Fourth Street Live!, Downtown Louisville

WHO: Representatives from Guy Fieri’s Smokehouse are available to speak with media leading up to and during the grand opening events.

RSVP: Please contact Rachel Albritton at XXX or XXX if you plan to attend the media sneak peek and/or would like to coordinate any interviews.
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

Re: Guy Fieri’s Smokehouse opening Sept. 10

by Alanna H » Wed Aug 31, 2016 9:33 am

I don't go to 4SL, I don't care about celebrity chefs (is he a chef? Or just a foodie with a TV show?), and I'm not a fan of smoked meat (grilled/barbeque, yes- smoked, no).

So no, I couldn't care less about this place.
no avatar
User

neal.johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Beechmont

by neal.johnson » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:39 am

Alanna H wrote:I don't go to 4SL, I don't care about celebrity chefs (is he a chef? Or just a foodie with a TV show?), and I'm not a fan of smoked meat (grilled/barbeque, yes- smoked, no).

So no, I couldn't care less about this place.

Alanna, you sound like you're on the fence about this new place.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:49 am

neal.johnson wrote:Alanna, you sound like you're on the fence about this new place.

Yes! Tell us how you really feel, Alanna! :lol:
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

by Alanna H » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:25 pm

I'm trying to be more assertive in life. Is it working?
no avatar
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

by Steve H » Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:56 pm

Internet forums were invented for opinions.

So, keep asserting away Alanna!
no avatar
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:11 pm

Not in the least bit interested. Alanna said it all.

I note that Guy himself is involved so little that he is not even bothering to show up.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
no avatar
User

Jeff Cavanaugh

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

by Jeff Cavanaugh » Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:59 pm

I don't often eat at 4SL either, but I'm happy to see empty storefronts filled. I was pleasantly surprised to see an actual smoker parked out front. It doesn't guarantee good meat by any stretch, but it's a darn sight better than some "barbecue" joints around town where the meat has never seen a molecule of smoke.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:55 pm

Alanna H wrote:I'm trying to be more assertive in life. Is it working?

no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:42 am

Even though I may never dine there (or I may, who knows?), I couldn't be happier that Mr. Fieri has opened in 4SL. If we want to be a destination for conventions and other out of town visitors to Ali Center, YUM Center, etc., we need hotel rooms and restaurants. The more the merrier. Once the Convention Center project and the Omni Hotel are completed, Louisville will be competing against the big boys for convention business. Having a Fieri restaurant will only help. Plus, it keeps a storefront in 4SL from being dark. always a good thing.
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:44 am

I say "Let's not look a gift smokehouse in the mouth." We have nothing to lose. If Fieri's celebrity rings the bell of many of our mainly out-of-town guests, then I'm all for it.

Let's face it, once the Omni and Convention Center open in 2018, it will be a different world in that part of downtown as the flow of tourists increases. I think between now and then we'll see more and more changes that will cater to that type of environment.

At the same time, the streetscaping project along Market St into NuLu will also come to fruition, as well as a number of projects such as several hotels, Rabbit Hole Distillery, apartments, cafes, etc. This will make for a nice balance between a more predictable, corporate city center for the common tourist, and a just up the street eclectic experience that is more of what Louisville is all about. I like that juxtoposition.
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

James Natsis

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Jun 05, 2007 2:34 pm

by James Natsis » Thu Sep 01, 2016 7:47 am

Ron Johnson wrote:Even though I may never dine there (or I may, who knows?), I couldn't be happier that Mr. Fieri has opened in 4SL. If we want to be a destination for conventions and other out of town visitors to Ali Center, YUM Center, etc., we need hotel rooms and restaurants. The more the merrier. Once the Convention Center project and the Omni Hotel are completed, Louisville will be competing against the big boys for convention business. Having a Fieri restaurant will only help. Plus, it keeps a storefront in 4SL from being dark. always a good thing.

Dang. We were both writing essentially the same thing at the same time at the wee morning hours! (see my post below that followed by 2 minutes!)
James J. Natsis
no avatar
User

Ron Johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:48 am

by Ron Johnson » Thu Sep 01, 2016 8:36 am

Great minds!
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:41 am

I think Ron and James are correct, but I think it's also enjoyable to make fun of Fieri and his works. It's not a zero-sum game. :lol:
no avatar
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:14 am

Ron Johnson wrote:Even though I may never dine there (or I may, who knows?), I couldn't be happier that Mr. Fieri has opened in 4SL. If we want to be a destination for conventions and other out of town visitors to Ali Center, YUM Center, etc., we need hotel rooms and restaurants. The more the merrier. Once the Convention Center project and the Omni Hotel are completed, Louisville will be competing against the big boys for convention business. Having a Fieri restaurant will only help. Plus, it keeps a storefront in 4SL from being dark. always a good thing.

Amen. I may not go, but it is but one of many reasons that we are able to attract visitors and dollars to our community. They might even wander off to Frankfort Avenue while they're here.
Next