Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Becca MacGilvray

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Mar 04, 2007 4:11 pm

St. Matthews

BBC St. Matthews Grand Re-Opening!

by Becca MacGilvray » Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:59 pm

Hi Everyone, I okayed this with Robin before I posted :)

BBC St. Matthews will have its Grand Re-Opening on Monday January 14th!! We have been closed for a week but for many of our regular customers, it has seemed much longer!!! Without further ado, we welcome you all to a New and Improved BBC! We will be rolling out a new menu on Monday as well. The new menu will include some old favorites----Brewhouse Nachos, Shepherds Pie and our much requested beer mustard. The menu will also have a Hot Bacon and Spinach Salad, a Portabello Burger, a Chicken Parmesan Sandwich and Fried Polenta. We are very excited to unveil the new and improved BBC to you all.

I would like to personally invite all of you forumites to come and enjoy our new BBC and let me know about your experience--from the service to the food. The more knowledge we have about each individual experience, the better equiped we are to provide a wonderful dining and drinking experience. So please come and join us this month as we celebrate a new era for BBC!!!

If anyone has any questions or comments, feel free to PM me!

Thanks again Robin for letting me post this!! I love this forum!

Cheers,
Becca
no avatar
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

by Shawn Vest » Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:25 pm

glad to hear it

i've always loved the BBC on Shelbyville

shawn
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
no avatar
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:30 am

Becca, that's awesome to hear! I assume there was renovation to the interior. Can you leek some details about it?
no avatar
User

Aaron Thomas

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Jan 12, 2008 11:07 am

Highlands

by Aaron Thomas » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:57 am

That's really exciting news! I'll be making my way over as soon as possible :)
no avatar
User

Becca MacGilvray

{ RANK }

Foodie

St. Matthews

a few details..

by Becca MacGilvray » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:58 am

Hey Jackie,

Of course I can leak a few details for you!! There is a huge projection tv in the dining room by the stage. The main bar has some new construction behind the bar. As a bartender, I am thrilled about those renovations. The changes behind the bar are hard to describe but the look is wonderful. I can't wait until I get to work back there on Tuesday! Ummm...the floors have been redone, everything has been repainted and lots of new decor has been added to spruce of the place. I went in today and was incredibly excited about how it looked. I've worked there for so long that it is very much my home away from home. I feel kind of like the folks on Extreme Home Makeover. Okay, its not that extreme but it is very exciting. I guess the overwhelming feeling going in was clean and spacious and very inviting!

Its so good to hear from you Jackie!

Cheers,
Becca
no avatar
User

Jackie R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:48 pm

Highlands

by Jackie R. » Sun Jan 13, 2008 1:14 am

That's so great to hear. Happy New Year to the New BBC!
no avatar
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Shawn Vest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:08 pm

is dave clancy heading up the kitchen??

Can't wait to come visit

any bands to break in the new digs?
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
no avatar
User

Joel Halblieb

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:59 pm

Metaphysicalcenteroftheuniverse

by Joel Halblieb » Sun Jan 13, 2008 9:41 pm

I saw Dave there last week. I am not sure if he is still there or not. Dave where are you thses days?
no avatar
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Sun Jan 13, 2008 10:03 pm

Joel Halblieb wrote:I saw Dave there last week. I am not sure if he is still there or not. Dave where are you thses days?
Yes......Dave is in the BBC house! We have updated the menu, cleaned up a touch, and are now rolling out some cool stuff! Best news is I don't have to put in 80 hours a week and I get paid too.........WOW! (and I still get to drink great beer...can't beat that!)
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
no avatar
User

Hank Sutton

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:44 pm

Downtown Louisville

by Hank Sutton » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:06 am

Hey, Becca,

BBC St. Matthews looks jolly well improved!

Before and after remodeling photos.
http://www.bbcbrew.com/updates/content.php?article=41&template=templates/template.php

I hope to see you at lunch today and sample David Clancy's new menu.

I trust you let Dave bring his cardboard box home inside near the indoor plumbing.
The bathrooms were not removed during remodeling, right? :wink:

Today I will be on a reconnaissance mission for the "drunk librul" group that meets there every Thursday night.
(Last week, we "had" to go to Rich O's. Don't "make" us do that "again" :-))

Also, I want to make sure my mug is not cracked (Unlike some of the patrons there.)

Oh, it is Wort Hog Tuesday today as well. Coincidence?

Cheers, and support the local brewpubs!
no avatar
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

by Shawn Vest » Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:34 pm

hooray for BBC and Clancy
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
no avatar
User

Becca MacGilvray

{ RANK }

Foodie

St. Matthews

by Becca MacGilvray » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:55 pm

Thanks Everyone for the comments! Hank--I was not there for lunch today--school duties--but I will be there Thursday night! By the way, I think Dave is awesome too!!

Cheers!
Becca
no avatar
User

Leah S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:31 pm

Old Louisville

by Leah S » Tue Jan 15, 2008 2:55 pm

Ooh Dave, are you bringing back the great fish sandwich that you had at BNA? that was fab! and so were the waffle fries. yum.
no avatar
User

David Clancy

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:09 pm

A couch in Andy's house.

by David Clancy » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:45 pm

Leah s wrote:Ooh Dave, are you bringing back the great fish sandwich that you had at BNA? that was fab! and so were the waffle fries. yum.
Yes and no! I can't use Roger's elector for the fish sandwich (Kentucky is wacky about interstate distribution) but the batter derived from BBC APA works just fine! Lot's of changes in store and though some changes may appear subtle it will all be great in the end!! (those waffle fries might take a while but I'll work on it) Thank's for the input!-Dave
David Clancy
Fabulous Old Louisville
(Is this your homework Larry?)
no avatar
User

Scott Endres

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jan 16, 2008 8:13 pm

Crescent Hill

by Scott Endres » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:10 pm

As a long time lurker on this board, and any even longer time BBC patron, we just got back from BBC.
Here are our grades. (Hey, I'm a teacher, so what do you expect?)

Child's Grilled Cheese - A+ as good as ever (grade from my 8 year old son)

Polenta Sticks(?) - A for the polenta but A+ with the marinara

Old St. Matthews Ale - A (had to have two)

Tilapia - A+ for the fish, B for the vegetables (they tasted as they had been cooked the same amount of time, which left taste uneven.)

Cajun Pasta - A for the pasta (great vegetables really set it apart) B for the chicken strips (I really didn't think they would be battered chicken strips. It really didn't work with the pasta.)

Service - E for eccentric. (It wasn't bad, however, it was good.)

Atmosphere - A+ All the upgrades were great. However, my son did give it an A- because he couldn't see the kitchen anymore but he was happy the toys were still on the stage.

As anyone who has been a long time patron of BBC knows, BBC has at times struggled getting the quality of beer, food and service balanced. However on this visit, it seemed that the balance has been reached.

Congratulations to everyone! :D
Have a Good Day!
Scott

Teaching Is Too Important to Take Seriously!
http://www.paperwadideas.com
Next