Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Comfy cow

no avatar
User

Nora Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:24 pm

Clifton

Comfy cow

by Nora Boyle » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:43 pm

My neighborhood app tells me heavy cop presence at comfy cow last night due to a robbery. And yet I see nothing of it on the news or on their fb page. Everyone was ok, but no details. Don't even know if they stole cash or ice cream! But I'm very sorry for those poor kids. Anyone know anything?
User

Jessica H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:25 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Comfy cow

by Jessica H » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:29 pm

I heard about it last night from one of my employee's whose sister tried to go for ice cream right after it happened. They had the K-9 unit with the cops. I was also shocked that there was nothing about it online or on the news.

I just learned that Seafood Lady also got robbed yesterday.

Seems like a lot of robberies for this time of year. I assume it's the same person or group. The Chenoweth Plaza Chase Bank got robbed twice by a group that was hitting banks. Fortunately the cops caught the parties responsible. I hope this isn't something along those lines.
Jessica Haskell
Owner
Sweet Surrender Dessert Cafe
http://www.sweetsurrenderdessertcafe.com
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:52 pm

Which location?
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Nora Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:24 pm

Clifton

by Nora Boyle » Fri Aug 19, 2016 7:58 am

The Frankfort Ave location. So right in Jessica's and my zone! I hadn't heard about the chase bank being robbed either. And how could you rob the seafood lady?!?! May karma infest your armpits with a thousand fleas.
no avatar
User

RichardM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:18 am

Louisville, KY

by RichardM » Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:56 pm

Jessica H wrote:I
I just learned that Seafood Lady also got robbed yesterday.

Seems like a lot of robberies for this time of year.

The Seafood Lady suffered a breaking and entering not a Robbery. Still lost a bunch of stuff but not at weapon point.
Richard Lord Meadows, Earl of Vienna, Marquess of Morgantown and Westover, Baronet of Parkersburg, and West Virginia’s Ambassador to the Portland Neighborhood.
no avatar
User

SilvioM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:13 pm

by SilvioM » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:26 pm

The Seafood Lady camera had a very good pic of the guy, hope they find him. Will have to stop in again soon.

Comfy Cow info is as follows, from the police report:
Tonight there was a robbery at the Comfy Cow located at 2221 Frankfort Avenue at 1909 hours. The suspect was a white male, 30-35, 5-10 to 5-11, 220-230, stocky build, dirty blonde hair, scruffy beard approximately an inch long, wearing a black stretch material pulled up over his head used as a mask, gray long sleeve shirt with blue sleeves, long blue jean pants, black and with tennis shoes with some red around the laces. Subject was armed with a knife with a six inch blade. The suspect fled eastbound on the railroad tracks and then northbound on N. Jane Street.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:49 pm

SilvioM wrote:5-10 to 5-11, 220-230, stocky build

You know, as a white male 5-10, 180-185 who is by no means slender, I'd say that gent isn't "stocky," he's "fat." :mrgreen:
no avatar
User

charles.minter

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:43 am

by charles.minter » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:55 pm

Given the history, Robin is probably blaming the Comfy Cow robbery on Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen.

I'm just joking, I think.
Last edited by charles.minter on Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Fri Aug 19, 2016 9:57 pm

charles.minter wrote:Given the history, Robin is probably blaming the Comfy Cow robbery on Homemade Ice Cream and Pie Kitchen.

I'm just joking,I think.

:mrgreen: :lol:
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Sat Aug 20, 2016 2:59 pm

Nora Boyle wrote:My neighborhood app tells me heavy cop presence at comfy cow last night due to a robbery. And yet I see nothing of it on the news or on their fb page. Everyone was ok, but no details. Don't even know if they stole cash or ice cream! But I'm very sorry for those poor kids. Anyone know anything?

I once worked for a restaurant chain that was the occasional target of robberies. Upper management tried to keep them under wraps as much as possible, both to keep from scaring off customers and to keep from advertising security weaknesses to other potential robbers.