Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Chop Shop Salads closed

no avatar
User

Rich S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:07 am

Chop Shop Salads closed

by Rich S » Tue Aug 16, 2016 6:33 pm

It looks like all three locations of Chop Shop Salads have closed. I noticed today that the one on Hurstbourne near Shelbyville Road is closed, and the new issue of Food & Dining says the Breckenridge Lane location is gone as well. Apparently the downtown location closed earlier this year. I haven't been there in a couple of years, but I used to go regularly and really liked their salads. Judging from some of the comments on Facebook and Yelp, they had serious staffing and management issues.
User

Jerry C

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:33 am

Buechel

Re: Chop Shop Salads closed

by Jerry C » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:31 pm

I didn't go very often but I tried the St. Matthews location about a month ago and it was closed at 3 p.m.

At least they lasted longer than some.
no avatar
User

Gena W.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:17 pm

by Gena W. » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:40 pm

One of the owners passed away suddenly a couple of years ago...young, early thirties. Don't think the biz was ever able to recover from the loss.
User

BevP

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat May 01, 2010 11:06 pm

Bullitt County KY

by BevP » Wed Aug 17, 2016 2:00 am

We visited the Hurstbourne location a few times and loved the salads but so many options can't get everywhere as often as we would like. Not a bad problem for us as consumers but not so great for the business owner, still sad to see them close.
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

by Christina Firriolo » Thu Aug 18, 2016 12:20 pm

I wanted to try them, but I kept reading reviews that said they were closed at odd hours. (a lot of reviews said that) And other reviews that stated the service was a bit surly. I would love a great salad shop close to me.
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei