Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Two things.

no avatar
User

Nora Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:24 pm

Clifton

Two things.

by Nora Boyle » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:19 pm

The purchase of seaweed potato chips from choi's is the most lovely umami. Also, does anyone else have an instant pot? I took frozen pork steam buns and threw them in this morning for some fun dim sum pre going to work!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Two things.

by Robin Garr » Sat Aug 13, 2016 8:41 pm

Nora Boyle wrote:The purchase of seaweed potato chips from choi's is the most lovely umami. Also, does anyone else have an instant pot? I took frozen pork steam buns and threw them in this morning for some fun dim sum pre going to work!

Those things (seaweed potato chips from Choi's and instant pot) both sound good, but pardon my ignorance, what is an instant pot? :oops:
no avatar
User

Nora Boyle

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 2:24 pm

Clifton

by Nora Boyle » Sun Aug 14, 2016 7:42 am

It's a smart pressure cooker. I had dim sum for breakfast yesterday. Cooked butter beans in half an hour, steamed corn in a minute....I know I sound nuts but it's the bees knees! And it doesn't heat the house up or use much energy!
no avatar
User

Paula B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:59 pm

by Paula B » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:49 pm

I have an instant pot,,,I am hoping to actually use it soon! I admit that I am "cooking challenged". Several friends use theirs for most everything they cook, especially veggies & rice.. :)
User

Steve H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Apr 17, 2008 12:27 pm

Neanderthals rock!

by Steve H » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:49 am

Love my Instant Pot!

I use it mostly for pot roast with carrots and potatoes. Also use it often for carnitas and pulled pork BBQ. It substitutes for oven braising very nicely for these.

We've cooked some various dried beans as well. Best feature is the program and forget part of it.

I keep thinking about converting some of my chili recipes to it, but I haven't messed with 'perfection' yet. :lol:

Here's the one I have.