Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Ellen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm

St Joseph's Picnic - lots more food plus some food trucks

by Ellen P » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:09 pm

The picnic is continuing to change a little more. Change is good. VIP area started a year or so ago.
Today we couldn't help but notice how many food booths and trucks there were. Guacamole and 502, I remember. Celtic something.
Had the chicken dinner but I think we might switch next year.
Ellen
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

Re: St Joseph's Picnic - lots more food plus some food truck

by RonnieD » Sat Aug 13, 2016 3:19 pm

What's a VIP area at a picnic? Do you get a blue gingham picnic blanket instead of red? This strikes me as an odd thing to institute at a community picnic.

Glad to see food trucks breaking in, but I hear that fried chicken still rules the roost...
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

by Mark R. » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:21 pm

RonnieD wrote:What's a VIP area at a picnic?...

Looking at the St. Joe's picnic website VIP tickets get you a special area with tables, different music, private blackjack tables, chicken dinner included in a few more things.

Here's a link to the page describing the benefits: http://sjkids.org/picnic/picnic-vips/

If they included parking it would certainly be worth it!
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:59 pm

Yeah, then we wouldn't have to rub up against the common folk and listen to their distasteful music. When I was there last year, I saw one of them with sagging pants and my monocle almost fell out.

Some animals really are more equal than others.
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Ellen P

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Jun 02, 2008 10:44 pm

by Ellen P » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:12 pm

VIPing of Louisville is everywhere. Allows more and more separation for events/sports that everyone enjoys but don't want to mingle? But also, since there are a few people with more money than they know what to do with....VIP everything. The business/non-profit makes more money. I'm getting use to it but it also has made me less interested in some things. I love UL sports (for many many decades) but it has become, yes, expensive, but so-o-o separate. Society today. The haves with too much and the have nots. Ellen