Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Meeting room?

no avatar
User

Jenny H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 29, 2007 12:14 pm

Meeting room?

by Jenny H » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:17 pm

Anyone know of a coffee shop that has a meeting room that you can reserve? I am in charge of a book club of about 8 women and am not sure where to meet. Don't really want to have to reserve a room that requires everyone to order an entree. Really looking for something on the NE side of town or at least the E side of town. Thanks!
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Meeting room?

by Robin Garr » Wed Aug 10, 2016 3:52 pm

Heine Bros Chenoweth has a couple of smaller "back rooms" that are generally open to the public, but I expect you could ask them about holding space in one for your group at a time that's not a traffic peak for them.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Wed Aug 10, 2016 7:12 pm

My wife's book club met at Pie Kitchen in Prospect for some time. No private room, but a couple of corners where they could sit together, nobody was bothered by them talking, and no pressure for food. As they went after dinner, it seemed they were well after the afternoon "rush," but left well before the "after movie" crowd hit, so it was fine with the venue.
Andrew Mellman
User

Scott Hack

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 4:09 pm

Pewee Valley, Kentucky

by Scott Hack » Wed Aug 10, 2016 11:57 pm

The Starbucks at the corner of Hurstbourne and Shelbyville Rd is an old bank building. They have a room setup in the vault. I am not sure if it can be reserved or not though. It might be first come, first served. Worth a call though...
Scott Hack
Finish Line Realty
502-376-4225
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

by TP Lowe » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:08 am

Scott Hack wrote:The Starbucks at the corner of Hurstbourne and Shelbyville Rd is an old bank building. They have a room setup in the vault. I am not sure if it can be reserved or not though. It might be first come, first served. Worth a call though...

I've reserved it in the past - assume it is still possible.
no avatar
User

Paula B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:59 pm

by Paula B » Sat Aug 13, 2016 6:22 pm

Zeggs on Lime Kiln has a room,, not sure about their Middletown location. The "vault " at Starbucks at Hurstbourne/ Shelbyville rd is a cozy space, it used to be a 1st come, 1st dibs space... Hope this helps. pb