Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Re: What is your favorite snack, treat, beverage, dessert, e

by Carla G » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:39 am

I used to love the fried onions at the old Cape Codder. Have no idea where to find them now but would love to. Not onion rings, but a mass of thinly sliced onions in a flaky batter with baking soda.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Steve Shade

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:53 am

by Steve Shade » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:36 pm

Carla G wrote:I used to love the fried onions at the old Cape Codder. Have no idea where to find them now but would love to. Not onion rings, but a mass of thinly sliced onions in a flaky batter with baking soda.

Sounds like what is served at Pastime .. Watterson Trail .. Jeffersontown. Have no idea about the baking soda. Excellent fried fish .. counter service .. brings food to table. Sometimes even friendly.
"Don't accept your dog's admiration as
conclusive evidence that you are wonderful."
-- Ann Landers
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:51 pm

I rarely snack, but when I do I favor a stinky/smellysoft cheese on an original Triscuit. My favorite treat is a trip to Gilberto Gelato in Norton Commons. My favorite flavors are Nutella and/or pistachio. My favorite desert is the panne cotta from Volare; my second favorite is anything from the Plump Peacock Bakery and Cafe. My favorite beverage is fresh brewed Viking Biking coffee that I order from Ingebretsen's in Minneapolis, MN.
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
Previous