Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

SET ?

no avatar
User

Willie Myers

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 11, 2010 4:53 pm

SET ?

by Willie Myers » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:25 am

has anyone tried out "SET" ( the new place where the old Cunningham's on 4th used to be)?
User

TP Lowe

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:00 am

Shelby County

Re: SET ?

by TP Lowe » Wed Aug 10, 2016 8:09 am

The silence is deafening.
User

Lonnie Turner

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:34 am

Highlands

by Lonnie Turner » Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:42 pm

I ate lunch there recently, had the club sandwich. It had been a while since I'd been to Cunningham's so it's hard to remember well enough for a comparison, but it doesn't seem a lot different. It's a good choice for a typical American menu if you're eating downtown.
User

Gayle DeM

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Apr 08, 2007 3:42 pm

by Gayle DeM » Thu Aug 11, 2016 8:10 pm

Their web page says, "Catering to the casual lunchtime crowd during the day & the theater crowd later in the evening, Set at Theatre Square has paired concepts to entertain both the family & adult crowd." I must admit I haven't eaten there and that I won't be part of the "casual lunchtime crowd."However, I go to a fair amount of shows at the Palace. Their dinner menu has nothing on it to tempt me away from Marketplace Restaurant at Theater Square.
"I didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a vegetarian" -Erma Bombeck
User

Gary Guss

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:18 pm

Van down by the River

by Gary Guss » Thu Aug 11, 2016 11:40 pm

I thought SET was the brother of Osiris?
no avatar
User

Scott S

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:32 am

by Scott S » Tue Aug 16, 2016 4:06 pm

I've eaten there twice for lunch, and came away impressed. Good space, good service, good price point ($9-11 for most lunch entrees), and fairly creative food for the price point.
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:14 pm

Thanks, Scott! Good to know. I'll nudge it up my to-do list.
User

TimT

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue May 10, 2011 4:43 pm

West of the Mississippi

by TimT » Wed Aug 31, 2016 10:12 am

Dropped in while visiting recently and would echo what Scott S. said and add that I was served an excellent Manhattan while there. Full disclosure requires me to say a friend's son has an ownership interest, but I was honestly impressed with the decor, etc.

It's not a destination fine dining restaurant but fulfills their stated mission.
"I dined at my favorite restaurant last night. It was like Heaven, only better. They let me in".