Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Scottsburg, Hanover, Madison

no avatar
User

JustinHammond

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:26 pm

Lyndon, KY 40222

Scottsburg, Hanover, Madison

by JustinHammond » Mon Aug 01, 2016 11:00 am

I planning a little weekend drive that will be taking me through Scottsburg, Hanover, and Madison. I'm looking for recommendations on restaurants, watering holes, and attractions.
"The idea is to eat well and not die from it-for the simple reason that that would be the end of your eating." - Jim Harrison

https://www.facebook.com/Louisville-Eat ... 129849554/
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

Re: Scottsburg, Hanover, Madison

by Andrew Mellman » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:44 pm

In Madison, Nick owns Bistro One (if you remember, he owned the old Swiss Restaurant in Louisville, and another whose name I forgot). He can be a wonderful chef, and truly has a way with veal. Wish I could remember his last name.

Also in Madison, the Key West Shrimp House can be compared to their version of the Colonel's Lady (in terms of attitude and clientele, not food, though both are solid "C-"'s). . . . it can be fun, IF you are in the right mood . . .
Andrew Mellman
no avatar
User

Tony I

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:36 pm

New Albany

by Tony I » Tue Aug 02, 2016 2:12 am

Andrew Mellman wrote:In Madison, Nick owns Bistro One (if you remember, he owned the old Swiss Restaurant in Louisville, and another whose name I forgot). He can be a wonderful chef, and truly has a way with veal. Wish I could remember his last name

Nick Izamis >Europa
Tony Impellizzeri's
5170 Charlestown Rd.
New Albany, In.
no avatar
User

Andrew Mellman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:33 am

Louisville

by Andrew Mellman » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:50 am

Tony I wrote:
Andrew Mellman wrote:In Madison, Nick owns Bistro One (if you remember, he owned the old Swiss Restaurant in Louisville, and another whose name I forgot). He can be a wonderful chef, and truly has a way with veal. Wish I could remember his last name
Nick Izamis >Europa

Thanks - new someone would remember!
Andrew Mellman