Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Favorite Atmosphere

no avatar
User

carla griffin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Mar 07, 2007 8:32 pm

Re: Favorite Atmosphere

by carla griffin » Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:11 am

Doogy R wrote:
carla griffin wrote:The old Victoria Station with the highback wooden booths in train cars.

That place brings back about a million and one fond memories for me, from one of my first "real" dates to a great anniversary for my parents and everything in between. Thanks for the memories. :D

Yeah that place was a major home for me as well. (And really cool to work at too.)

I forgot to mention Come Back In in Indiana. It has the same feel that the old Cunninghams on 5th used to have that the new one on 4th lacks.
Carla
There is one thing more exasperating than a wife who can cook and won't, and that's a wife who can't cook and will. ~Robert Frost
no avatar
User

Shawn Vest

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sun Jul 15, 2007 9:10 pm

850 main street, charlestown, indiana

by Shawn Vest » Sun Jan 13, 2008 2:25 pm

THE RED ROOM
at RichO's
shawn
Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. D Barry
www.ctownpizzaco.com
850 MAIN 812-256-2699
no avatar
User

Solomon Gayman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:47 am

highlands

Basa,Frys,Proof

by Solomon Gayman » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:20 am

Basa on Frankfort has by far the best atmosphere and service. Very modern yet ambient and trendy. If you like more conventional low key atmosphere then jack frys is perfect. Proof on main is another favorite with excellect atmosphere in the lounge.$2500 life size red penguins imported from sweeden will keep you company.
no avatar
User

Solomon Gayman

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:47 am

highlands

Basa,Frys,Proof

by Solomon Gayman » Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:24 am

Basa on Frankfort has by far the best atmosphere and service. Very modern yet ambient and trendy. If you like more conventional low key atmosphere then jack frys is perfect. Proof on main is another favorite with excellect atmosphere in the lounge.$2500 life size red penguins imported from sweeden will keep you company.
no avatar
User

Madi D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:35 pm

Highlands

by Madi D » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:05 pm

Lindsay Prater wrote:I have to say Seviche (Bardstown Rd. location). It's fun and modern, but still very romantic. Or maybe I'm just biased... I was proposed to this evening (1/12) on the sidewalk outside of the restaurant after having dinner there.

Seviche was a very romantic site for our first date, and it was a very romantic site for the beginning of our marriage!

Lindsay- First of all, Congratulations! I was working that night and just happened to be seating some people in the front window right as your man dropped to his knee on the patio.
Everyone burst into applause when you accepted, it was great. Im so happy for you!
I had actually remarked when you two first came in about how cute of a couple you were. Ive got good judgement on these things :wink:

Im thrilled that you choose Seviche as a setting for your special night, and i hope to see you on anniversaries for many years to come!

Good luck and again, Congrats!
no avatar
User

jpdurbin

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 4:23 pm

Louisville, KY

There are a few places to the East Side I think qualify

by jpdurbin » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:25 pm

There are a few places to the East Side I think qualify. I’ve always enjoyed sitting out in Artemisia’s’ brick courtyard. The service is top notch and the food/libations grand. Stove and gas lanterns for winter plus jazz R-S. At Felice indulging in Mellilos’ fare and some imported Mayan Café or Bodega. OK take out delivered but good foods and served promptly. The winery has an interesting ambiance inside and on the piazza.
Johnathan P. Durbin
http://jpdurbin.net/
A Member of http://www.ThePCGurus.com
no avatar
User

Bryan Shepherd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Between Here and There

by Bryan Shepherd » Tue Jan 15, 2008 9:44 pm

Bill's Hamburgers in Amory, MS. This place is in a little town outside of Tupelo, MS that simply takes you back to a day when things seemed so simple.......

Oh, and the hamburgers are just like a drug!
BShep
no avatar
User

Christian Dreisbach

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:19 am

Louisville

Hard to beat

by Christian Dreisbach » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:35 pm

Jack's Lounge always makes for a perfect evening for our group of friends...it's so easy to share everything and be social when everyone is sitting in a circle on couches and comfy chairs.
no avatar
User

Jay M.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:09 pm

by Jay M. » Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:37 pm

Caffe Classico.

I love that place, especially in the mornings when the east-facing wall of windows catches the morning sun. Saturday morning sitting in the bright, warm sunlight, with a cup of macchiato and the newspaper --- aaahhhhh.
Previous