Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Nose teases

no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Nose teases

by Carla G » Thu Jul 21, 2016 10:41 am

Everyone has that olfactory button that when it gets pushed the diet goes out the window.
I strive to eat very little to no meat for health reasons. When I get a whiff of bbq smoke my brain starts thinking, "Well, maybe just a rib. Or two. " A whiff of fried chicken and my hunger cells turn into little Tazmanian Devils. And I don't care how big my lunch or dinner was, as soon as I hit the movie theater I HAVE to have pop corn. If I were an asnomatic I'd be soooooo thin.

What are your trigger points?
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Steve Eslinger

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:42 pm

Highlands

Re: Nose teases

by Steve Eslinger » Thu Jul 21, 2016 11:43 am

Bacon!!!
no avatar
User

neal.johnson

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:13 pm

Beechmont

by neal.johnson » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:13 pm

BBQ/BBQ sauce

My salivary glands start to short circuit.
no avatar
User

Alanna H

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:11 pm

Colorado Springs

by Alanna H » Thu Jul 21, 2016 2:37 pm

*Meat on the grill; stirs something primal in me! When I use to live next door to Palermo it was both heaven and hell to have that aroma invading my porch and home every day!

*Roasted garlic. I don't like Italian food (because cheese), but walking past a pizza place makes me want to eat all the food.
no avatar
User

Christina Firriolo

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Feb 27, 2010 8:39 pm

by Christina Firriolo » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:12 pm

Uhm. All of the above. Plus baking bread, just made chocolate chip cookies, blueberry pies, etc. I think maybe I'm just a food junkie...
"Wine is sunlight, held together by water!" ~Galileo Gallilei
no avatar
User

Joni L

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Aug 04, 2012 9:04 am

by Joni L » Sun Jul 24, 2016 1:23 pm

Hey Carla! Definitely the smell of food on a grill, and the complex aromas of Asian or Indian food. It's also nice when I walk into my own home and it smells awesome because of what I cooked/am cooking. I give myself a mental high five, ha ha!