Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

MOD pizza (chain) opens July 20 in Hikes Point

by Robin Garr » Thu Jul 14, 2016 3:30 pm

News Release:

MOD PIZZA OPENING IN LOUISVILLE
First Kentucky Location for Rapidly Expanding Brand
Opening celebration offers free artisan-style pizza or hand-tossed salad to the first 52 customers, and will benefit USA Cares

WHAT: Grand Opening of MOD Hikes Point

WHERE: 3085 Breckenridge Lane, Louisville 40220 ▪ (502) 915-7810

WHEN: Thursday, July 20, 2016

11:50 AM Ribbon cutting and proclamation by City of Louisville’s Economic Development Office

12 PM Doors open, first 52 people in line receive free individual artisan-style pizza or hand-tossed salad!

WHAT ELSE: MOD is committed to supporting its local communities. For grand opening day, MOD will be donating 100% of net profits from all pizza sales to the Louisville Chapter of USA Cares, to support their mission to assist military families in crisis.

Enter to Win “Free Pizza for a Year”
Fun Giveaways
Face Painting 12pm – 1pm
Photo Booth 5pm – 7pm

STORE HOURS: 10:30AM – 10:00PM Sunday through Thursday
10:30AM – 11:00PM Friday and Saturday

ABOUT MOD PIZZA:
MOD Pizza is the pioneer for the fast casual pizza segment, founded in Seattle in 2008 by entrepreneur husband and wife team Scott and Ally Svenson. MOD's individual artisan-style pizzas and hand-tossed salads are made on demand using fresh-pressed dough, signature sauces and over 30 toppings, for one price. With more than 135 locations across 17 states and the United Kingdom, MOD is committed to creating a positive social impact in the communities both domestically and internationally, creating not only a cool place to eat, but an inspired place to work. MOD was recently ranked as America’s fastest growing chain restaurant by Technomic and was recognized by Fortune as one of the “20 Best Workplaces in Retail” for its progressive hiring practices and career growth opportunities. For more information, please visit www.modpizza.com or connect with the brand via Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
no avatar
User

Mark R.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:02 pm

Anchorage, KY

Re: MOD pizza (chain) opens July 20 in Hikes Point

by Mark R. » Thu Jul 14, 2016 11:04 pm

Looks like Blaze directly copy them, at least that's how it looks if the date on their promo literature is correct. Just another one of the wannabes in the pizza field.
Written using Dragon NaturallySpeaking

"Life is short. Drink the good wine first"
no avatar
User

Bryan Shepherd

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 30, 2007 6:58 pm

Between Here and There

by Bryan Shepherd » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:12 am

The opening of MOD's is as exciting to me as when Frisch's opened at the corner of Hikes Ln and Breckenridge Ln a few years back or when Chili's opened at the opposite end of Hikes Ln and Bardstown Rd.

Just call me underwhelmed.
BShep
no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Fri Jul 15, 2016 12:35 am

I'm exhausted of all of these claims that these new brands have "reinvented the pizza business." No, you haven't. It's pizza. It's dough, it's sauce, it's cheese, it's toppings. There is no need to reinvent it and honestly, I don't see how you even could. I mean, maybe you have new toppings or a new sauce, but at the end of the day: it's pizza. Yours is either really great, or it's Ragu, but it's still pizza. NY, Detroit, Chicago, sure, there are styles, but no one is reinventing the pizza business in any meaningful way. Some people are just way better at it than others.

Pizza rant over. :D
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:58 pm

RonnieD wrote:I'm exhausted of all of these claims that these new brands have "reinvented the pizza business." No, you haven't. It's pizza. It's dough, it's sauce, it's cheese, it's toppings. There is no need to reinvent it and honestly, I don't see how you even could. I mean, maybe you have new toppings or a new sauce, but at the end of the day: it's pizza. Yours is either really great, or it's Ragu, but it's still pizza. NY, Detroit, Chicago, sure, there are styles, but no one is reinventing the pizza business in any meaningful way. Some people are just way better at it than others.

Pizza rant over. :D

Exactly!
And we all know they got into the pizza biz because they were told it offers the biggest % markup of all the restaurant segments. And no, I don't want to hear about your mamma's sauce.
Except Danny Mac. You are excluded from this rant. Long may you bake pie!
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Fri Jul 15, 2016 11:35 pm

The last great revolution in the pizza industry was Pizza-in-a-Cup. That was brilliant, but that's been it. :lol:
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

PeteOsborne

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:24 pm

by PeteOsborne » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:30 am

no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:39 am

I think I just got a little nauseous. :P

Did you catch this beauty? "Made from real food ingredients"! :lol:
no avatar
User

Richard S.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:47 pm

by Richard S. » Tue Jul 19, 2016 8:09 am

Well, there is pizza cone, although you could make the case that it's a variation of pizza-in-a-cup.

http://www.conepizza.com.my/