Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
no avatar
User

Mike D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

Finally Hope For A "Cursed" Location?

by Mike D » Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:03 am

I'm hoping that the "curse" may finally be lifted from the Frankfort Avenue location across from Grape Leaf - Lynn's original home, followed by a succession of mostly Cuban-themed places.

Time 4 Thai opened there on Tuesday. We tried them last night and I think we may have a winner. The space is tastefully decorated, the music was pleasant and unobtrusive, and the staff seemed knowledgeable and attentive. At 6:30 there were maybe eight tables occupied.

The menu is extensive. We opted for two of our go-to Thai dishes - Pad Thai and Pineapple Curry - so we could compare them to Simply Thai, which has been our Thai choice recently. My wife is always cautious about heat level when she tries a new place, so she ordered her Pad Thai with tofu without extra heat and found it bland. But when the owner/chef came out to talk with us and my wife mentioned that, she said "I will fix that for you." She brought the dish back a few minutes later and my wife pronounced it perfect with a moderate heat. I ordered the Pineapple Curry with tofu "hot" (not "extra hot" or "Thai hot") and it was excellent.

The dishes that we saw coming out of the kitchen all looked very appealing. One couple was sharing a mango and sticky rice dessert when we got there - it looked delicious.

They do not yet serve beer or wine, although it is listed on the menu. I tried a Thai iced tea and found it odd-looking but refreshing.

Glad to have them in the neighborhood. We will definitely be repeat customers.
no avatar
User

brian.grincius

{ RANK }

Just got here

Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:09 pm

Re: Finally Hope For A "Cursed" Location?

by brian.grincius » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:10 pm

I am going their tonight. Do you know if they will have alcohol yet. If not can you BYOBB? I tried 2 locate a phone number but couldn't
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Finally Hope For A "Cursed" Location?

by Robin Garr » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:43 pm

Thanks for the report, Mike! I hope they make it too. Can't wait to go try it out!