Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.
User

Casey J.

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Mar 13, 2007 4:39 pm

Elizabethtown + Prospect

Vietnam Kitchen + Sari Sari = a day of great food.

by Casey J. » Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:23 pm

On Friday my wife and I had a great day of food. For lunch we ate at Vietnam Kitchen on Mitscher Ave (In Iriqouis Manor). The food is always fantastic. The Service is always welcoming and the owner is always willing to advise you on Vietnamese customs and different others tidbits of knowledge. We always feel like he has invited us to his home to eat. If you like spicy, specify that you want it very very spicy. It is an extreme and flavorful heat that will have you planning a return trip, very soon. ** For dinner we joined friends at our favorite Louisville eatery, Sari Sari (Frankfort Ave). We drive the 45 minutes to Louisville, at least once a week, just to dine at Sari Sari. There is something wonderfully addictive about the food. On Friday, we noticed they had changed and added to their menu. I tried a new dish called Tatay's tacos, with the green salsa. Keeping in tradition with everything else on the menu, it was fantastic. My wife had her favorite, Chicken Adobo, which she strongly suggests for first time visitors. Wether you find a favorite, or try the ever-changing daily special, you will never be disappointed with a meal or the atmosphere at Sari Sari.
Last edited by Casey J. on Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
User

Doogy R

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Mar 01, 2007 12:15 pm

The purlieus of Louisville, KY

Vietnam Kitchen + Sari Sari = a day of great food.

by Doogy R » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:00 pm

I'm so glad you both enjoyed your dining experience. Those 2 places happen to be personal faves. I concur with your statements about the friendly owners and food prepared to your own liking. From where is it that you drive to the Ville?
Great food along with great company is truly one of lifes best treasures.
no avatar
User

Caroline K

{ RANK }

Foodie

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:45 am

Vietnam Kitchen

by Caroline K » Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:11 am

WE finally made it out there 3 weeks ago and we could not wait to go back! Went after seeing 300 which is an amazing movie and once again all was FANTASTIC. I had the Chicken Curry and last time I had the Beef Green Curry-did request EXTRA HOT and SPICY but was not hot enough but they do have the hots stuff to add-Love this place. They have made regulars out of us...