Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

July 4

no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

July 4

by Carla G » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:30 am

Who is open? Everyone?
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: July 4

by Robin Garr » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:51 am

I expect this is going to hit about like Memorial Day: Most places are closed on Monday, but those that normally open on Monday will stay open for the holiday. :) I may be wrong, though, and welcome posts from anybody who's open (or closed).
no avatar
User

Mike D

{ RANK }

Foodie

Tue Nov 17, 2009 3:29 pm

by Mike D » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:15 pm

It's Crescent Hill July 4! Come by the Peterson-Dumesnil House on South Peterson Avenue for one of the best (and cheapest) fish sandwiches that you'll find anywhere in Louisville. And the beer will be cold.
no avatar
User

RonnieD

{ RANK }

Foodie

Thu Aug 23, 2007 12:09 pm

The rolling acres of Henry County

by RonnieD » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:53 pm

Gerstle's Place will be open regular hours, kitchen open from 5pm-1am! We've got our new summer menu going, so come check us out!
Ronnie Dingman
Chef Consultant
The Farm
La Center, KY
no avatar
User

Paula B

{ RANK }

Foodie

Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:59 pm

by Paula B » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:49 pm

Both Anoosh Bistro & Noosh Nosh will be closed July 4th... Hope everyone has a safe & fun holiday.
no avatar
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

by Carla G » Wed Jul 06, 2016 7:09 am

Because of dietary restrictions and the proximity to other things planned for the evening we wound up at the Kingfish on Zorn. The food was good but the service was so bad it was beyond belief. Once again , sweet young lady trying her best but had no training and no clue what she was doing. Floor manager only made an appearance after the table next to us had several complaints then he disappeared again. The restaurant was only a quarter -a third way full but our dining took 2 solid hours. Our server was so il-prepared I honestly think management threw her out there knowing she would fail and wanting her to quit. I was totally embarrassed for my guests and felt awful for the frustrated server that must have felt she couldn't do anything right when in fact she just needed training.

Should have gone to Gerstles.
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
no avatar
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

by Robin Garr » Wed Jul 06, 2016 9:02 am

We had an experience like that at a new Indian restaurant the other night. Sign out front, "HELP WANTED," and the non-Indian server was trying hard but obviously had no experience whatsoever. Worst offense: Delivery of Indian dish with thumb immersed in the sauce up to the first joint. :P