Welcome to the Louisville Restaurants Forum, a civil place for the intelligent discussion of the local restaurant scene and just about any other topic related to food and drink in and around Louisville.

Deleting PM correspondence

User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Deleting PM correspondence

by Carla G » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:06 am

My private message boards are 70% full. How do I go about cleaning that up? I see where I can tic mark each message but I see no "delete" button for afterwards. Where am I missing it?

Apologies for not knowing which board to post this question on .
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson
User

Robin Garr

{ RANK }

Forum host

Tue Feb 27, 2007 2:38 pm

Crescent Hill

Re: Deleting PM correspondence

by Robin Garr » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:16 am

Carla, two answers!

First, if you really want to delete PMs, first, mark them. Then go down to the very bottom of the PM page and at lower right you'll see a box with something like "mark/unmark all messages." If you click that, it will open up a menu with other choices, one of which is "delete all marked." Choose that, then click the "go" button and they'll be gone.

Also, though, you don't have to worry too much. When your box gets to be 100 percent full, nothing bad will happen, except that at that point the oldest messages in your box will begin to disappear, starting with the oldest. Unless you're really attached to some very old messages, you can just ignore this. But if you do want to curate them, then go back to no. 1. :)

Also, it's fine to ask in this forum. Not restaurant-related, but forum-related, so it's all good.
User

Carla G

{ RANK }

Foodie

Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 am

Re: Deleting PM correspondence

by Carla G » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:24 am

Thanks!
"She did not so much cook as assassinate food." - Storm Jameson